• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Life: Tron Arcade Mod 4.0 Now Available

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
For those who missed out on adding this cool mod but very pricey mod to your Tron. Looks like Pinball Life has v4.0 of this mod available on their site.

tron_arcade.jpg
tron_arcade-1.jpg

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3516

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Is it just me, or does every iteration of this mod get more expensive? Wasn't the original a $50 change to the original cab that was in there?

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Chris Bardon said:
Is it just me, or does every iteration of this mod get more expensive? Wasn't the original a $50 change to the original cab that was in there?

Yup and it still is. Eli has all the plans online to build this yourself. When you add up the costs though, you're looking at probably $150 - $180 (the screen alone is about $60 shipped, and the laser cut pieces around $60 as well). Then there's the time to wire up all the harnesses, etc. I'm not that skilled.. so I paid the $$$ :FP:

That said, there is also the "budget" version of the plans which is to simply modify your existing toy.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
I did the poor man's mod ... bought the $32 screen online, and put it in, did not do the deluxe mod (you could be I did not think there was enough return on investment). I did it more just to play with the screen ... Technically that screen does support rasp-pi, and there are a number of mame ports .. so in theory instead of running the "fake" attract mode, you could boot into the real game, real attract mode. but I do not have a pi to play with ... yet