• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS PDI Glass - 4th Quarter order

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
Hey Brock, is it too late to order one sheet for local pick up? My WPT has some pretty scratched up glass. I think Menace has a new sheet of glass for my STTNG that he is restoring so I only need one.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Hey Jimmy I ordered 2 sheets but I would be glad to get one of them to you as I really could use the extra cash right now.

I'm sure we can work out the delivery / pickup details.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Hey Brock, is it too late to order one sheet for local pick up? My WPT has some pretty scratched up glass. I think Menace has a new sheet of glass for my STTNG that he is restoring so I only need one.

Colin, is the glass already in the game? I don't recall getting a sheet of PDI from anyone...

D

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
If its not too late id love to get a wide body glass.. if someone cant use or take there WB glass.... I could use it (local pickup would be great!)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yeah, I'm also curious; my order on the last shipment went "missing" ;)
I'm waiting on two sheets this time around and the sinking dollar isn't gonna make future orders all that attractive so I'm counting on these to finish up my DMD lineup at least.

Reactions: Dooner

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Hey gang, apologies for the lack of update. I should have posted this sooner... I've barely been on my computer these days as I'm still playing catch-up with my parts orders.

Here's the deal. I got an email PDI on the 5th of Jan that the glass was 4-6 weeks away from arrival to Georgia. So we're still about 2 weeks before he gets it in.

Please don't consider this a threat to your investment due to Canadian dollar. I'll honour the price you've all paid, and will re-evaluate before making any more future orders for this glass..

I do apologize for this now huge delay, but rest assured that everything is moving as fast as it can. I'll keep everyone posted better on this from now on.

Thanks to all for your patience

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Hey gang, apologies for the lack of update. I should have posted this sooner... I've barely been on my computer these days as I'm still playing catch-up with my parts orders.

Here's the deal. I got an email PDI on the 5th of Jan that the glass was 4-6 weeks away from arrival to Georgia. So we're still about 2 weeks before he gets it in.

Please don't consider this a threat to your investment due to Canadian dollar. I'll honour the price you've all paid, and will re-evaluate before making any more future orders for this glass..

I do apologize for this now huge delay, but rest assured that everything is moving as fast as it can. I'll keep everyone posted better on this from now on.

Thanks to all for your patience

Cool news!
I hope theres a chance I can get one for my only pin... the one I got is quite scratched.... its like poo poo minus the smell :confused:;)

*whispers* Dont forget me brother!
If you need the cashola in advance I can get it to you any way you like (I live in Toronto)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
*sigh*

Alright gang, here's the latest from Roman (the creator of the glass)

"Dear all,

to avoid any further speculation and to soothe some eligible concern I'd like to give you some feedback
firsthand.
As coated glass is a more complex product we produce, issues occur.
We solve issues if they occur.
We are now at the solving stage and I hope that we will be able to ship the glass in mid March
to Joey and all other countries.
I do feel sorry for the delay on one side and I hope on the other that you understand that we are taking care to
keep the quality as good as you've experienced it in the past.
I'll keep you posted...

Roman"

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
"As coated glass" ?

I was under the impression from something i read... this glass was not coated and the property's were (built into) the glass?

Not sure if I read it here or someplace else, but it looks like it was false.

Poses many questions for me....

How do you take care of this glass?
And more importantly, how durable is the "coating" to scratches and normal wear and tear (hand oils and typical grime)?
Id hate to have it slowly rub off as time goes on.

Is the coating on both sides? and can it be flipped with good effect if one side goes wonky?

Coating on glass just seems a little less rugged, then a lamination of some type.

Any pointers and or Observations from current owners?

Also lastly, is it not kinda odd they are having issues with quality after they have already made this glass for a while?!
Did they change the process, or the formula???

I guess only Roman would know.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Hi MultiHack3d, I can answer your questions :)

The coating is actually baked on, not a clear tint layer like the JJP Invisiglass -- so it's very durable. Just as durable as normal glass, so the same precautions apply (ie. watch the coin door when sliding it out).

As for care, it's recommended you avoid ammonia-based cleaners and stick with the all natural stuff -- or do what I do and just us a vinegar / water solution.

I'll try and get some answers from Roman personally. Stay tuned.