• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS PDI Glass - 4th Quarter order

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Hey all, I'm putting together the order for the 4th quarter of 2015. Glass will be in my hands in 8 weeks, so I'd like to start the process now.

Here's a cut-and-paste from the previous order to explain how it works:

This round of glass is $375 per sheet. This is the local pick-up price. I can also arrange to meet you somewhere when it's convenient for us both, OR I can ship this glass to you (you pay shipping, of course). To give you an idea on cost to ship, I recently shipped 3 boxes (2 sheets per box) to Calgary for $73 per box. Not too bad really.. it's gone up since the last time I did that 2 years ago though. If I'm shipping to you, I do ask you buy in sets of 2 sheets for two reasons. 1, this is the way I *HAVE* to buy it from Joey. And 2, if you've unpacked this glass before you know how well it's packed, so having to tear it apart and re-pack it again would be a total pain in my ass! LOL!

Now, some of you might say "$375!! Joey sells it for $295 USD!". Well, here's a break-down from Joey himself.

Joey: "$295, and shipping one sheet to Canada is $185-$200....then they would have to pay the Canadian import taxes. Do the math on that one......."

So you're looking at $480 USD per sheet + conversion + tax. You're looking at around $675 CAD per sheet by the time you get it. That's pretty crazy...

That said, it's a pretty average cost these days for mods. The Eli kit for Tron is around $450, the ColorDMD is around $600. This glass however is a universal mod and truly has to be seen to be believed. Really remarkable stuff..

So "how do I order it?!?!", you might ask.

For now you can EMT or PayPal as a GIFT a $75 (per sheet) deposit to sales_AT_pinballcustoms.com (replace "_AT_" with "@"). My goal is to have at LEAST 10 orders by the time the glass arrives at Joey's office in Georgia in 8-10 weeks. When the glass has arrived, I'll let everyone know -- at which point I'll set a date at which I'll require the remainder of the payments by. At that point, I will submit the glass order to Joey and get the ball rolling. My goal here is to have a much better system for doing this as I have in the past, all while keeping you all informed simultaneously.

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
Hi. I would like 2 sheets. I'm not at home today, but I'll send a deposit tomorrow evening. I'm assuming you're in Montreal or near, so I'll have to get the shipping since I'm in Charlottetown.

Thanks,

Evan

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
$150 sent for deposit on 2 sheets. I don't know how paypal works, it may show up as $150, or it may show up as 2 payments of $75 (because I don't read good and stuff and didn't notice it was $75 per sheet til I came back here to post that I sent the deposit in).

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I was told don't buy the first one because you'll be hooked......

Deposit for 2 more on the way via etransfer ;)

Last edited:

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Ok, this glass is now in Georgia from Germany and I'd like to place the order by the end of THIS weekend. If you still owe money to fulfil the order, now is the time to send it in. If you paid 100% up front, I require nothing from you. If you haven't paid anything at all but would still like to get in on this order, please send full payment via the information provided in the top post.

Thanks!!

- Brock

Reactions: CJBob

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
Payment sent, thanks! Will also have to pay you for shipping to PEI, not sure if its exactly $75, or that was an approximation. Will send you the $ for that too, once you let me know.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
*sigh*

Alright, gang... here's the deal.

I've been speaking with Joey about our glass order, and unfortunately there were some quality issues in Germany with this batch which has caused a total delay. They're manufacturing more and will be sending it to Georgia ASAP, but... unfortunately this means we won't have our glass until JANUARY.

From Joey himself:

"
Yeah - they had a Q/C Issue with quite a few in the batch......and had to run another batch to get our order complete as it is 800 Euro to ship and we need it complete as we are starting to sell ALOT of it.

Always WAY more concerned with quality than timeframe..........imagine if I sent u sheets with issues the problems we would have then......"

SO

What does this mean for you guys who've already paid. 2 things. I can either hold on to the cash / send to Joey and you can consider yourself FULLY paid up.

or

I can refund the $300 and you can resend the money when the glass is due to ship in January.

I realize this totally sucks for everyone... myself included, because if our dollar tanks even more by January I'll likely be paying out of pocket for this stuff :(

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
I'm ok with leaving my cash with you til January, or having it refunded. Whichever your preference is. The other side of that coin is that if you refund me til then, I'm also ok with paying the difference on exchange rate if you find you're getting burned at that time.

Thanks,

Evan