• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

PAPA - Lord of the Rings Pinball – The Valinor Strategy

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a9PnCwcYPwY[/youtube]

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Spoiler alert!!!

I decided I would watch this guy play LOTR for AN HOUR while I ate my lunch.
I was amazed how long it took him to cycle through the whole thing and, at the very end.... when valinor was within reach and he needed about 3 shots to destroy the ring....

...... HE DRAINS and ends the game and the video :FP:

I was really looking forward to seeing the prize at the end.
I know I'll probably never see it myself. Guess I'd better search YouTube for a Valinor video now ;)
Youd think, since he had the glass off anyway, just throw that ball back into play and show us the goods :(

As much I I like LOTR, after watching that video it does seem a lot like chopping wood. I mean, not overly repetitive in the shots you have to make, but the fact that modes have to be re-played if things aren't completed in a certain order just seems odd to me. That would be my only criticism of the game. If I've acheived everything, don't make me go back and re-trace my steps just to DTR again.
Luckily, I think DTR is already a decent goal and payoff for the average player and enough to keep most of us entertained.
But I'll definitely try approaching the game from a more mode-based strategy next time I play vs. setting up multiballs first.

Anyway, good (albeit looong) video.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I've been trying to at least get a mode going before getting into multiball lately, but there's no way that I can see ever getting to Valinor on this. I suppose finishing with DTR is similar to needing to get multiball last to get vacation jackpot in whitewater, but at least that's easier to set up. You can see the one point in the video when he's got to play everything all over again just to get back around to fellowship again. And after that ending...would have been ANOTHER pass through all the MBs to get back to DTR.