• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

P3 / Lexy Lightspeed Early Gameplay Video

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Here's a recent video showing off the current state of our first P3 game: Lexy Lightspeed - Galaxy Girl

Since Expo, we've added the final main game mode (Bar Mode) and a bunch of additional features. Completing bar mode results in the "Seeing Double" award, which doubles Agent Multiball jackpot multipliers for the rest of the game. We also started experimenting with active ball trails in the Map scene. They're like sputtering smoke trails from a damage ship. They're not totally dialed in yet (not perfectly tracking the ball), but they're close. There's a setting to enable / disable the ball trails, but it's enabled for the duration of the video. Please email me your impressions. I'm curious to hear your feedback.

Video disclaimer: LL-GG is a work in progress. It's not finished yet. Things will be added. Things will be changed. Some items still on the todo list:

- Call-outs. There *will* be voice call-outs. We're holding off until the game rules are finished and we can develop a complete script.
- Better acknowledgement of virtual interactions (ie. starbursts or something when collection parts in the warehouse scene)
- Unique ball-save animations for each mode. The crocodile ball save was developed for the swamp scene. Other modes will have mode-relevant animations.
- Mini-mode when the ball falls behind the ship
- Wizard mode
- More score popups (and much fancier score popups)
- Significantly more character involvement in the modes
- Game and mode introductions tying the story to the gameplay
- More and better lightshows
- Many more little things, possibly more big things.

Also, it looks like the slingshots are sometimes firing spuriously. They're not. During the scene-modes, the slingshots fire and kill critters (virtual objects causing physical reactions that in turn cause virtual reactions). There is a software bug causing the critters / slings to continue moving / firing even during the end-of-ball bonus countdown. That'll be fixed.

video link: » YouTube video
(Watch it in fullscreen on the 720p setting for best results)

A warning on video quality: I'm not a professional videographer, and this video isn't intended to be a well-produced promotional release. When LL-GG is finished, we'll produce a set of high-quality gameplay videos. This video isn't high quality; the audio recording isn't either. The lighting isn't ideal, and the camera is overwhelmed by the light coming off of the LCD, thereby making everything else (like the upper playfield) look really dark. The lighting is significantly better in person. Seeing all of the physical features isn't a problem, despite how it looks on the video.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ldPSMRqL_U[/youtube]

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Well. That's something.... I don't know. I'm a fan of virtual pinball, but this just doesn't look to appealing to me. Maybe it's just bad lighting and camera angle. I couldn't even watch the whole video