• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Original Used Centaur PF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: FA - Original Used Centaur PF

This auction is going much better then expected :p

I offered the PF to a guy for $500 just a month or so back, looks like I'll be glad I went the ebay route :D

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon

Yeah, I think you'll do better. That playfield looks A LOT better than most I've seen. You say that the whites have yellowed, but unless you photoshopped the pics or something, it looks ten times better than my playfield. Would be great if someone within driving distance ends up winning the bid. After ebay and paypal fees, you feel like you just got bent over and...well...you know the rest.

What I find hard to believe is that this playfield still commands so much money. Unless I'm crazy, it seemed that CPRs second run didn't catch on right away. Feels like it took a while for them to sell off.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

well you should remember this PF you sold me the game :p

The flash made the whites pop more then they should there is a thread on pinside about the auction and someone asked if I could take a picture without flash to better represent the yellowing in the whites, this was the best picture I could come up with.

forum

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon

Vengeance said:
well you should remember this PF you sold me the game :p

Oh yeah...I forgot. :oops:

I can't believe your used playfield is already worth more than the CPR repro I sold a couple of years ago. I think i sold it for $650. I have a Centaur II and now I'm wondering if i should even bother restoring it or just parting it out for $1000.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I love Centaur as a game, so for me once I got the CPR repro putting it in was a no brainier, I knew my original PF was really nice, but side by side with the CPR I like it the CPR way more.

But I also know Centaur is one of those funny games people go crazy for like Fathom. So I figured if I sold my original and could cover most of the costs of the repro why the hell not.

At this rate, selling the PF might cover the cost of the entire game :eek:

But like you said I still have 12% in ebay and paypal fees, to pay, but that being said I don't think I'm going to regret it considering if I was going to list it on like here or pinside I was going to list it for $500.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012

Wow! Crazy! 3 days to go and it's already at $670.

One has to think it's the 'purest' collectors driving this up. Guys who only want original parts to restore games. I mean it's almost at the price of a new CPR when they were out. I'm glad Stu said in a pinside thread they will eventually re-run all the big bally pins. It's obvious there is still a strong demand for new or very nice used fields...

Status
Not open for further replies.