• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

OPGS GoFundMe Created!

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I hope this doesn't break any rules, but I'm posting this here to help spread the word. In less than 15 hours over $1000 has already been raised to cover costs for the Ottawa Pinball & Gaming Show. The show that never was...

For any funds raised beyond the amount I'm indebted, the remainder will be donated to a relief fund to those who lost their homes. ~ Josh

https://www.gofundme.com/opgs-strikes-back

There is a tip option that automatically comes up, and that I cannot get rid of.
Please choose "OTHER" and enter "$0" for the tip amount to bypass this.

Start donating!

Please see the terms & conditions of GoFundMe below. I do not want anyone upset/surprised when I hand over the $$$ to Josh.

The platform is free for organizers. Payment processing fee is 2.9% plus $0.30 per donation. By continuing, you agree to the GoFundMe terms and privacy policy.

Josh's original post;
MadTitan wrote: I've been mulling this over and I think the only way I can accept this is to be fully transparent with the handling of the donations.

I have confirmed that I will be refunded the rental fee from the city, and that will cover the refunds from those who want them. This year was the first show that I needed the investments of others to make it all happen. Some of you know the struggles I've had in my personal live the past 2 years, and know that the weather and I have a storied past. Mother Nature is a spiteful bitch, and Cancer can go fuck itself......

Anyway, I can never repay the hard work that everyone put into this show, but it's my duty to repay the money. If the go fund me page is made, all of the funds will be used to reimburse those who put down some serious dollars to make the show happen. These people know how much they put in, and can make that public if they so choose, but I'll respect their privacy and leave that to them.

If by any miraculous chance the funds collected exceed the amount I'm indebted to those individuals, the remainder will be donated to a relief fund to those who lost their homes. I lost a years work, they lost a lifetime of heirlooms and sentimental items. I would never feel comfortable accepting charitable donations when others were affected in far more devastating ways.

So, Tim if you would like to start a campaign please do so. I still can't really handle the outpouring of support and generosity you have all put out there. I have been emotionally shut down and calloused by forces out of my control over the last few years, and this community's support throughout this weekend is resonating on an existential level. I have felt a little bit of pride and satisfaction here and there over the years in the work I've done in the industry, but never before this weekend have I honestly felt that what I do is important to people, and truly appreciated. I've been having a hard time finding motivation to continue doing what I try to do. You all just gave me the proverbial kick in the ass I needed.

I will recover, re-think, re-tool and be back next September with the best show yet.

You people motivate and inspire me to do amazing things, and I want to deliver.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24737&p=211743#p211734

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
And for those who aren't on MAACA Josh just announced ( after considerable pressure) that he is about $7000 short from the whole tornado ordeal. Let's rally around someone who puts a lot of time, and planning, every year into this show so we Ontario/Quebec Pinheads can get together once a year. This year's show was going to be epic....just watch the walkabout video that was made
Let's ensure the show can go on...

Reactions: Fifty

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Donations just broke $3000!!! This is going to help out immensely! Thank you to everyone that has donated so far! I am incredibly impressed with the way the pinball community has rallied to help out!

Reactions: atariaction

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Just a couple more hours, come on folks.....even a little bit helps out.

A few of you have made good money on the resurgence of Pinball. ...time to give back a little.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
We are $115 away from $4500 in donations! It would be fantastic to hit this mark! I love this community! Thank you so much!