• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

One clean MM cab!

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Hey why not continue on my adventures! Finished the cab being redone just need to reassemble the playfield now!

Went with brass, I wont lie, I like the look of MMR but the powder coat looks like s**t to me. Im unsure if the trim around the translite is too much.. may just switch to just the lift channel.. let me know what you think!

mmc2.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
That's how MMR LE should have come with and not this mustard powder coat finish. Lookd great and I think you should go back to black trim for the backglass. It looks out of place and doesn't match the rest of the trim.

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Yea thats the feeling I was getting too, "too much" im going to try with the lift channel gold but the rest black and see how it goes.

This stuff I just bought, didnt have the brass done since the rails were all dented, the legs were not straight lockbar was ok but I needed one for another game, so would have had to buy all the hadware to have plated. When I do totan next I probably will just take it local there are alot of plating shops in edmonton.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
When I do totan next I probably will just take it local there are alot of plating shops in edmonton.

I wish I knew of a local place here on Toronto that could do plating on stainless steel parts similar to Chestnut quality. I'm currently testing out a local place not far from my work for powder coating some legs, side rails and lockdown bar.

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Local to Toronto would definitely be nice, until then, Chestnut it is. Mike is shipping my parts today.

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I wish I knew of a local place here on Toronto that could do plating on stainless steel parts similar to Chestnut quality. I'm currently testing out a local place not far from my work for powder coating some legs, side rails and lockdown bar.

make sure you tell if you find one.;)

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
There back in black! Well minus the lift channel anyways, I like it better now. If anyone has a nice gold font speaker panel they want to sell or trade, let me know :)

Gonna save the trim for totan, I think it will look better on it - much lighter translite

mmc3.jpg

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Did you actually plate the rear mesh grill on the inside back of the cab too? If so, hats off to you my good man! Well done.

D

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Naw just beadblasted and metallic paint :)

I should have, the trim was all dinged, gouge out of the front other than that just scratches all over.. typical 5 shades of black paint, drips everywhere. The inside was diecent so I just had to clean it and paint a bit. Came out nice, I plan on blitzing the playfield over the next few days and get it going!

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Is he a member on here? ;)

Also for mods, added some lights! Castle got a green archway light, merlin got a light behind him, and the damsel got her tower lit up in purple!

mm4.jpg
mm5.jpg
mm6.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Looks great libtech and since you are lighting up all those areas you might as well do this plastic too

14315336530_778a6da035_c.jpg