• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New ways

PinWiz

Jun 26, 2017
Toronto, ON
IMG_1214.JPG IMG_1215.JPG IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1217.JPG IMG_1218.JPG So it's been about 20 years since I've been into the pinball scene, but I'm back!
Recently bought a Power Play. I paid $600 for it from a Kijiji ad that had it posted for $1250. I offered the guy $600, he took it. (Damn, I should've said $400).

The reason I offered that amount was the horrible playfield and backglass it had (pictures posted).

The backglass I know needs to be replaced, but my question is with more knowledge now, and perhaps better technology nowadays, is there a way to "fix" this playfield? As in better paint now then there used to be, or better air brush equipment. I'm kind of thinking anything is possible. It's just that in the old days we didn't restore playfields. We either scrapped them, or we got an NOS to swap, but those aren't really readily available much anymore. I know CPR did a repro of these already. I sent them an email and they most likely won't ever be done again. :(

Also, is there someone in Ontario or even Canada that burns EPROMs?

Last edited:

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I saw (Kiss) all ripped apart at Daves. He has someone who repaints PFs. Could be a good source of updated work equipment.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
A NOS PF for that would probably cost 3x what you paid for the game, wouldn't it? Given the condition/price, it could be a good opportunity to learn PF repair/resto yourself. Best case, you have a good condition BOPP, and worst case, you make a trashed game slightly more trashed.

PinWiz

Jun 26, 2017
Toronto, ON
I've seen a few of the CPRs still kicking around in the secondary market that have yet to be installed in a game. Post a WTB here and Pinside and see what turns up...

I did post on Pinside..........no luck. I will try here though. Thanks Spiro!

I saw (Kiss) all ripped apart at Daves. He has someone who repaints PFs. Could be a good source of updated work equipment.

That would be interesting. I wouldn't mind knowing what type of paint/air brush he might be using. Thanks Houze!
A NOS PF for that would probably cost 3x what you paid for the game, wouldn't it? Given the condition/price, it could be a good opportunity to learn PF repair/resto yourself. Best case, you have a good condition BOPP, and worst case, you make a trashed game slightly more trashed.

Good point Chris. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. :/

I just missed a backglass tonight on Kijiji for $40. The corner of it was chipped, but it looked a lot better than what i had. :(