• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Guy

Kare9

Jan 7, 2015
Red Deer, AB
Hey all I stumbled across this forum on my (seemingly) endless search for a TZ (with decent PF) in Alberta.

All of the games I have found are either 7k for a worn PF or not for sale, any help would be amazing!

I own a Jack Bot as my only game, I bought it very dirty/hacked and restored it to mint, was an amazing experience, now I want my TZ!

Any way nice to meet you all and I'd be happy to help in any way I can, esp. electronics related.

Scott

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Welcome aboard!
Sounds like Jackbot was a good experience for you. Congrats.
TZ is pricey, but not as expensive here as it is out west for you.

Lots of us are happy to ship anywhere in Canada to help fellow collectors.

All new help with repairs suggestions and advice is happily received by everyone.
Cheers.

Kare9

Jan 7, 2015
Red Deer, AB
Hey Warlock, ty for the welcome.

Do you know approx. how much would it cost to have a game shipped from Ontario to Alberta?

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Many of us use Day + Ross and deliver ourselves to a terminal and then you would pickup at your local terminal.
Guys like Drano (Mississauga) and John Greatwich (Halifax) may know better than I do, but my guess is $250-$350.
That assumes we would drop at a terminal (on a skid) wrapped to ship in Toronto (which is Brampton terminal) to Red Deer terminal pickup.

Door to door service is more, I know.
I currently have no Lawlor pins though. I am sure one will come up eventually.

Kare9

Jan 7, 2015
Red Deer, AB
Amazing! Thanks for the heads up, I would really appreciate a look at any nice TZs that may come up. Take care!

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hey Scott.
Welcome and good luck in your hunt. Can't believe I sold my minty restored and modded TZ a couple of years ago for $6500 and that, today, that would be a bargain!

Well, the good news is they made a ton of them. One will surface.
I'm pretty sure my shipping costs to Calgary (terminal to terminal) were just over $200 if I recall. Maybe $250.

Adriano

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I reno'd my bedroom at the time Drano sold his TZ back then. Price tag --- $6900. Happy wife, urk!
But man; I wanted that TZ badly then. And I generally am "meh" for Lawlor games. (except for TAF)

And I want to like TZ, I really do.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Welcome to the community Scott and assuming if you willing to spend up to $7k then you should be able to find a nice TZ locally here in Ontario. I know two really nice ones last year sold for $6500 and $6800.

I suggest post a WTB thread and leaving it up there because you never know.

Kare9

Jan 7, 2015
Red Deer, AB
Thank-you for all the kind words and suggestions, I played TZ several times a week during my teen-aged years at a local arcade...it is THAT game for me and it always has been.

I mean my first 'lost in the zone' mode I still remember clear to this day...and I don't remember much from that era. I am wiling to pay 7k for a nice game but ideally would love to find one locally...how do I protect myself from scammers?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
If you find a game that needs to be shipped, try reaching out to a local collector in the area to go look at it / play it for you. This way you get a fresh set of eyes on it.

D

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Welcome from my neck of the woods here....

As said above, shipping and local help is always a PM away, so dont be afraid to post a thread asking for assistance. I have been on both ends of shipping games (sender and receiver) and have had good experiences with it.

Welcome aboard!