• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Barcade coming to Waterloo

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Hello all! It's been a long haul but I'm finally bringing a new Barcade to Kitchener/ Waterloo, located at

247 King St N. Waterloo, ON N2J2Y8

IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0546.JPG

Someone on cgcc asked about the game selection so thought I'd cross post here as well;

I intend to rotate a fair bit so I've been collecting games for this project for a while now.

I've got vids ranging from Robotron, Punch Out and Qbert (Qbert was a personal favourite in my arcade brat days so was a real grail for me), through Sf2, Mk2 and NBA Jam, up 2 player drivers and shooters.

I'll likely run with 10-12 pins at a time, including 70's em's, 80's ss's, and dmd's from the 90's to current. Pin-Up, an original Medievel Madness and Guardians of the Galaxy (if it delivers on time) will be a few of the highlight pins.

Rounding out the vids and pins will be a small handful of skill games; Ice Cold Beer, Fire Escape, Skee Ball etc...

All in all there should be a selection of 35-40 games at a time based on my rough layouts, but I'll know better when I (finally) start moving games in this week!

If all goes well I'll soft open before Christmas!

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
I hate committing to a date when the biggest contributing factors are out of my hands, but I'm shooting to do a soft open before Christmas.

Reactions: kvoxx

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Let’s us know when guardians land and I will make a visit too. Looking forward to trying that one. And visiting the bar.

Reactions: Che

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Let’s us know when guardians land and I will make a visit too. Looking forward to trying that one. And visiting the bar.

Thanks guys! Should have GoTG in time for opening....and still shooting to get open before Christmas!

Can’t wait to see you all there!

Reactions: kvoxx and WARLOCK

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Not a bad location-looks like you're right down the street from Morty's. Wings and pinball!

Haven't been back up that way in probably 7 years though.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I will try to come by when I am in Waterloo for some of my kids hockey games. Should be popular with all the university students in town.

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Not a bad location-looks like you're right down the street from Morty's. Wings and pinball!

Haven't been back up that way in probably 7 years though.
Yup....just a stones throw away from Morty's, below Frat Burger (great burgers, even better Schnitzels, and also have real good wings ;)). 7 years is a long time - now you have an excuse to come back!

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
I was planning for a soft open on Friday the 22nd, but just too many things outside of my control haven't come together in time for me to commit to it. I'm hoping to do a soft open on Friday the 29th: a night to invite out friends, family, and my extended family here to come out and see the place, play some games, and have a few pints ;). I'd love to see lots of pbrev members out so if you think you can make it, please shoot me a PM.

Cheers!