• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Barcade coming to Kitchener/Waterloo

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Hello all! It's been a long haul but I'm finally bringing a new Barcade to Kitchener/ Waterloo, located at

247 King St N. Waterloo, ON N2J2Y8

View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941

Someone on cgcc asked about the game selection so thought I'd cross post here as well;

I intend to rotate a fair bit so I've been collecting games for this project for a while now.

I've got vids ranging from Robotron, Punch Out and Qbert (Qbert was a personal favourite in my arcade brat days so was a real grail for me), through Sf2, Mk2 and NBA Jam, up 2 player drivers and shooters.

I'll likely run with 10-12 pins at a time, including 70's em's, 80's ss's, and dmd's from the 90's to current. Pin-Up, an original Medievel Madness and Guardians of the Galaxy (if it delivers on time) will be a few of the highlight pins.

Rounding out the vids and pins will be a small handful of skill games; Ice Cold Beer, Fire Escape, Skee Ball etc...

All in all there should be a selection of 35-40 games at a time based on my rough layouts, but I'll know better when I (finally) start moving games in this week!

If all goes well I'll soft open before Christmas!

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
have you got a date set for opening ?
I was really shooting for this Friday but too many moving pieces that are outside of my control unfortunately. I'm shooting for a soft open on December 29th....a night to invite friends, family, and my extended family in the pinball and arcade community to come out and see the place. Would love to see pbrev members out so if you think you can make it, please shoot me a PM.

Cheers!

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Looks like Friday the 29th is a go for a soft open. Please pm me if you can make it out!

Pin Up Arcade Bar
247 King St N.
Waterloo, ON N2J2Y8

Reactions: John Connor

John Connor

Dec 7, 2016
Mississauga
My Wife and I visited your Barcade very recently and WOW, were we impressed! Amazing atmosphere, very reasonable prices, great games, including a lot of pins! We had a fantastic time and will be back with friends! Thank you very much for bringing the magic back!

Reactions: Che

Hugthemouse

Jul 28, 2013
Guelph
Visited PinUp couple months ago and had a great time. Excellent Pin lineup. Spent a lot of time on Deaadpool.

Visited Barcade in Manhattan couple weeks later and was disappointed after comparing to PinUp.

Plan to visit again over the holidays.

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Visited PinUp couple months ago and had a great time. Excellent Pin lineup. Spent a lot of time on Deaadpool.

Visited Barcade in Manhattan couple weeks later and was disappointed after comparing to PinUp.

Plan to visit again over the holidays.

Having had a couple interactions with some folks from ‘Barcade’, this is my new favourite review! ☺️

All kidding aside - thanks for coming out and for the positive feedback; glad you enjoyed the place!

Hugthemouse

Jul 28, 2013
Guelph
Having had a couple interactions with some folks from ‘Barcade’, this is my new favourite review! ☺️

All kidding aside - thanks for coming out and for the positive feedback; glad you enjoyed the place!

Not to crap on Barcade, the food was outstanding...Meatball Hero was delicious. Only 4 older pins at the location I visited.

Your Pin lineup is way better. See you over the holidays!

Hugthemouse

Jul 28, 2013
Guelph
Visited today for first time in nearly a year. Bursting at the seams with games!

Spent most of several hours playing The Munsters and/or Black Knight Sword of Rage.

My son was bummed that Star Wars is no longer there.

Played Medieval Madness for first time ever...great to see such a highly regarded old school game there.
I'd lose my mind if I ever walked in and found Addams Family.

Great to see it's still busy with a crowd across all ages.

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Visited today for first time in nearly a year. Bursting at the seams with games!

Spent most of several hours playing The Munsters and/or Black Knight Sword of Rage.

My son was bummed that Star Wars is no longer there.

Played Medieval Madness for first time ever...great to see such a highly regarded old school game there.
I'd lose my mind if I ever walked in and found Addams Family.

Great to see it's still busy with a crowd across all ages.

Glad to see you made it back! We try to keep the line-up fresh, but new games coming in does mean that some have to rotate out.

A Star Wars will be making a comeback,,,just probably not the Stern ;)

We have The Addams Family in Guelph @ Doogie’s & Pablo’s. Guelph is more of a straight up bar though, so leave the kids at home and come out for a couple drinks and some pin! We run a league every other Tuesday in both locations as well (Guelph City Pinball and Pin Up Pinball League) if you’re ever interested in some casually competitive play.