• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

My TAF playfield swap and full cabinet resto

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Updates from this weekend. I'm sick of re-graining stainless. Why is there so much frigging stainless on this machine? Looks shiny and new though.IMG_6690.JPG IMG_6691.JPG

Reactions: Menace

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Maybe you are putting it off becaause you know how much of a bitch its going to be to work on !! lol

Not really. Playfield swaps have become fairly straightforward. I just haven't done a DMD since my White Water more than 4 or 5 years ago! I've been way to engrossed with EMs and early SS games.
At least I will be VERY practiced by the time I settle down to do TAF.

Reactions: good_buddy83

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Thought of the day.....press rivets can go F*ck themselves.

Here's an update pic. Does anyone know a good place plate to order more press rivets? Also why does a 3rd hand rivet tool not come with rivets longer than 1/4"? I have some nuts and screws holding the dome flashers on the new plastics right now and I don't like it.

IMG_6696.JPG

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Update from the weekend. Just in case you guys thought I was slacking off. BTW the top side is done, now I rebuilding the last few mechs and then there wiring harness goes on.IMG_1801.JPGIMG_7403.JPG IMG_8521.JPG

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Worked my ass of this weekend and I am finally starting to rewire the underside of the playfield. Lamp wires are now all on and LED's, with the exception of the pop bumper areas which will get soldered this week. All the zip ties are being replaced and I have the wiring harness squeeky clean in between the bundles! It will start to look neater once the other wires are on and I add some more zip ties to clean things up.
IMG_6744.JPG

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Let there be light! Update for the weekend. One out of 3 spinal cords installed. This one has all the lights. I hooked it to game just to check my work and see how it looked. The LED GI's may go, I'm not sure I like those, but the inserts look pretty punk rock. IMG_2499.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 4