• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ANSWER Monster Bash remake base model by CG VS JP Pro model ??

KING BLING !

May 12, 2020
Ottawa
Really would like to buy one of these pins very soon. I am limited to watching vid on youtube of the pair. Are they known to be problematic... is one better then the other. From what i have read JP Pro is more staggered play and harder whereas MB is more player friendly. Any opinions on this topic? Both appeal to my 7 year old child and the child in me.

Cheers!

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Monster Bash is one of the "easiest" games you'll ever play... but it is a ton of fun. More traditional fan layout, approachable, great dots and great shots. Monsters of Rock is probably the easiest wizard modes on any 90's Bally/Williams pin. Not sure how the CG phantom flip is working out for people but I used to read threads on rgp about people needing to tweak that to get it shoot right.

JP... well... JP is amazing and I'd take it all day long over MB... Elwin doesn't make easy games, but that isn't to say it's not fun. I don't know how well 7 year old kids can play, but T-Rex multi-ball is easy to achieve and adds to the excitement early in the game.

If you can get your hands on the movie version of the code it will do a much better job of immersing you in the movie of Jurassic Park, but if you don't have any particular connections to the first movie the default code is great. Great game for a shaker, so I'd add one on JP.

If you're buying brand new JP can take some tweaking... the shooter lane may need to be dialled in to reliably make the u-turn... the right ramp spiral may need some tweaking to get the ball to land smoothly for a good shot from the upper flipper and the tower ramp may need some tweaking to make it shoot well. I had to mess around with all 3 on my pro to get them smooth.

goodmanners

Jun 17, 2014
Mississauga
I have an original MB and it gets lots of play because it's easy to understand what to do after a few plays - so yeah it's easy. But not everyone is a pinball wizard so..... Guests and kids love it.
I don't have JP but in my home arcade have seen people play Iron Maiden or ACDC and walk after a few games cause they can be hard to figure out. Not so much MB or Addams Family, or Medieval Madness - or even CftBL.

I'm not bored of MB either. Still play it lots.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Monster Bash to me is Arcade Perfection Pinball. Most will argue it's too easy. Yes, if you play hard games like JP or Iron Maiden or any other modern games and then you go back to Monster Bash, it does seem easy. However, it's always fun. It's a relaxing game, always puts a smile on my face. Great shots, great theme, great mechs/toys. I played JP, it's challenging, and fun to try to conquer it in your home. I know people like to beat games and rotate them, but Monster Bash to me is a keeper as it's an entrance pin for newbies and my Wife and kids love it. I say Arcade perfection because there is an achievable goal to get with a few quarters and so much fun trying to get it. You don't need like 20 quarters to figure out just how to play the game.