• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Mirror Blades - January batch (almost sold out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hey everyone,
Some of you have seen my mirror blades. I've sold a bunch of these on Pinside over the last year and also to a few of you local collectors.
The blades are similar to the ones sold by Pinball Decals Inc and another supplier in Germany.
The primary differences are the thickness (mine are ultra-thin and light at just 1mm) and the cost on my gold and black blades are nearly $100 less per set. Chrome is about the same. Also, my gold is actually gold and not dark like others on the market.

I make these in small batches maybe every 3 months on average. Chrome sets sell for $120 and the black or gold are $150. Shipping varies by location and local pick-up is welcome. I have profiles for Stern and Bally/Williams cabinets DMD era only, but should also fit early WPC like funhouse and BOP. Stern sets have also worked on DE games like GNR.

Bulk orders of 5 or more will get split shipping or a rebate. Anything over 10 sets will see larger discounts.

Feel free to pre-order so that I can cut the exact quantities you require.
Black and gold may be ready as early as two weeks. Chrome may take me 3-4 weeks to produce.

Thank you and please feel free to ask any questions.

Adriano

Here's a shot of the black blades on Tron.

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Re: Mirror Blades - pre-order for January batch

I got a set of Drano's gold blades for my Congo. Ultra thin and installed in a snap. The gold look is sweet.

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

juandylan

Nov 18, 2012
Thorold

Do you have pics of the black blades installed? Want to get some for my AC/DC but can't decide on colour, chrome or black.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

juandylan said:
Do you have pics of the black blades installed? Want to get some for my AC/DC but can't decide on colour, chrome or black.

See the first post with TRON. Those are the black blades on the sides reflecting the ramps and lights.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Adriano, I am thinking blades for Star Trek TNG, Guns and Roses, Indiana Jones, X-Men, Judge Dredd, Johnny Mnemonic, Shadow, Jackbot, Star Wars DE and Predator! (once it comes.) I believe that is 10. PM me when you are able to as I believe that is now 10 DMD's finally for my collection.

Your blades rock!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

I will warn you all to check your games for clearance on both sides and heard there are things you can do to adjust the gap as it varies from game to game. For example on my Shadow, there was no way a blade is going to fit here:

7616068704_4b70fe2cd3_c.jpg

Also when you install these blades you have to be a bit more careful when raising and lowering your playfield so you don't scratch them up. I wanted to install a set of gold on my TOTAN but the skill shot platform was making contact and I tried to loosen the screw and move it over a bit but no luck. I also wanted to point out Adriano's are thinner then what PDI is selling so that helps with the install too.

Theatre of Magic - Gold

7616093630_1789afe6b9_c.jpg

7616082356_dd39691b89_c.jpg

7616083542_4db69386d9_c.jpg

7616084662_f1f30e4896_c.jpg

Congo - Black

7632316006_8c22925062_c.jpg

7632314606_1d90f939c0_c.jpg

7632320402_b96af76fd2_c.jpg

Indianpolis 500 - Chrome (v1)

7616061916_d33663a073_c.jpg

7616063006_6d802c7f0c_c.jpg

The chrome show above is from Adriano's first batch and he is using newer material that is more reflective and sure he will post up the poker chip pic he has in album soon. His gold and black are the ones you want to go with and they are cheaper then the competitor's offerings. Best thing about this is he is local so no need to pay crazy shipping or taxes crossing the border either. Get them while you can because he doesn't run them all the time and probably running some now to fund future unexpected impulse pin purchase otherwise great product and great guy to deal with so buy with confidence.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Thanks guys for posting your own pics.

As Mike points out, please do make sure your playfield is not dragging on the cabinet. Wood expands and contracts at different rates and all games are different.
In terms of care, as long as you pull your playfield out straight and don't do anything in a massive hurry, you should be fine.

Scott, I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks again

sensfreak

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa

I am still undecided on what to put on my SM, TZ, and CV. Still thinking of black for TZ but it might benefit from chrome since it is already a dark game.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario

Hi Guys. I am definitely purchasing these from Drano. I just need some opinions.....

CFTBL = Black???
POTO = Black???
JP = Black??
SWDE = Black?? Chrome??
IJ = ???? (trying to avoid the gold)

What do you think?

Ii have never seen the black blades installed in person. Are they "reflective" enough?? Any feedback or more pics would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Kyle

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Be one with the gold Kyle :)
It's by far my favorite colour; may even look nice on POTC.

If you don't go gold for IJ, black is the next best thing. Chrome would clash with the gold, yellow and green in this game IMO.

I have never tried my blades in a SWDE... but if it's the same cab as GNR, the Stern blades will fit.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario

Thanks for the insight Adriano.

I hope you meant POTO??? I do not YET have a POTC.....a good friend of mine told me to pass on it as Sterns are "turds"......funny thing is, that good friend now owns 2 maybe 3 Sterns! Yeah I'm talking about you Mike....I know where you live.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.....I'll get my LOTR and POTC one day!

I think you are kind of selling me on the Gold for IJ......I removed my Gold legs, tried to pull all of the Gold out of the game - so we will see.

As for the others, I think black might look cool:

CFTBL - dark, night, drive in movie theme
POTO - dark, mirrored opera house
SWDE - duh? Outer space! Though I think the Chrome may look cool
JP - the movies were dark when the dinosaurs came out and the cabinet is predominantly black.

On a side note; how do they attach? Do you also sell the felt to put on the edge of the playfield? I'm sure you can buy the felt anywhere....but as for the blades, do they screw on??

Thanks Adriano, looking forward to meeting you this month!

Kyle

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

jooky said:
Also looking for a set for my TAF! Black is best right Adriano?

I would say yes. Black fits the TAF theme best but... if you really want to bling it out, chrome would also work.
I'll add your name to the cut-list. I'm starting production this week.

Adriano

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Golden Graham said:
On a side note; how do they attach? Do you also sell the felt to put on the edge of the playfield? I'm sure you can buy the felt anywhere....but as for the blades, do they screw on??

Thanks Adriano, looking forward to meeting you this month!

Kyle

Sorry I missed this.
The blades come with 1/2" double sided tape pre-applied. Just peel and stick.
On the BW sets, you unscrew the hinge bolts on the inside and they sleeve onto the blade.

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Just put them into my TAF. They look great! Nice subtle effect. Thanks Adriano.
Edit: not sure why my pics are sometimes showing up upside down...

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Looks cool!
Thanks for posting.

Just down to my last few sets if anyone is interested. I'm already sold out of chrome stern and BW gold.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

I have one set of gold stern blades left for sale if anyone is interested (ideal for LOTR, IM, IJ4 and several others, including Data East)

$150 plus shipping, if applicable

I actually have a couple of others but they are awaiting payment/pickup.
If anything changes I will offer those up as well.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.