• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Metallica Premium

Mike Grady

Feb 19, 2015
Windsor,Ontario
Who's playing my Met premium the other day and notice electrical burn smell. Shut machine off and notice that the coffin magnet was extremely hot. F7 fuse blew and check the resistance of the coffin magnet which Is shorted. I understand that I have to replace the coil but was just wondering why it's stayed on so long to short out. Should I be changing the magnet driver board as well? I'd hate to replace the coil and have it staying on again. I'm pretty sure I have the new revision board. Anyone have any ideas on this matter.
Thanks guys
Mike
96b682da3b83904e8c3e3d5f8363b45b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mike Grady

Feb 19, 2015
Windsor,Ontario
Also before this happened ball stuck on the magnet and never dropped down on a multiball then the second ball stuck as well and then the third ball so all three were stuck at once before fuse blew

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
When I've had problems like that, it's usually a case that the drive transistor needs to be replaced. You could replace the coil/fuse and see if it works, but if the driver is bad, it'll lock on. At that point, you know to replace the driver as well. Not sure on the exact configuration there.