• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Marco long shipping times to Canada?

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
I've been waiting since Feb 6 and was told it could take up to 40 days. LOL are they walking the parts to Canada?
Anyone have a better way of getting parts from them any quicker?

Navwizard

Nov 13, 2023
Calgary
They seem to use a couple different shipping methods. The fedex one is fast, the usps one is slow. You don't seem to get a choice that I've found, it's random.

Jaraplus519

Dec 9, 2021
London, ON
Any time I have ordered from Marco I have selected the FedEx express option that includes border charges in the price of shipping and had it within a few days.

Jaraplus519

Dec 9, 2021
London, ON
Well I'm just reporting my current order.
It sat in NY fedex depot for 10 days
Now in Quebec for the last 10 days.
Ya that's a long time, I'm going to assume there was an issue with the shipment, make sure to inspect the box well upon receiving and document any damage.

I work for a distribution company and have seen some delays as of late with FedEx shipments and customs clearance as well.

Reactions: gunner007

Jaraplus519

Dec 9, 2021
London, ON
I know I have an order in the shopping cart. LOL I might be going down. So I'll just pick it up. Marco just happen to be the only place with Whirlwind discs for the playfield.
Same I try to stick to PL when I can, Marco is very expensive and shipping is pricey also.

For PL I send it to my Shippsy address,

Reactions: gunner007

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Next time just use Shippsy. You get a free US address that you can ship to from Marco (likely a lot cheaper for shipping) and then they will bring it across the border for you. Then you can request it be mailed to your address in Kingston for a reasonable charge. That way you ensure you don't get stuck with any duty charges or stupid additional courier fees.

You can read a lot more about how it works here:

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
It’s not Marco, it’s likely ‘brokerage fees’ or something similar from the shipper, plus Canadian sales tax. Gotta pay tax regardless but that should be about it. Shippsy or similar service is definitely the way to go when ordering anything from the US (still have to pay sales tax though). Next choice would be USPS/Canada Post. FedEx/Purolator etc. charge additional fees.

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Yeah I get the tax part, just surprised at the fees considering already paid shipping fees on the order. Yes lesson learned. 1 month later and still no package in hand. LOL