• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

LOTR LE Shaker Motor install snag

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Looking for a little help:
- I installed shaker and board
- Im all ready to connect it and started looking for the male brown-grey connector in the back-box (as per instructions) to run the shaker motor wire to, but could not find the connection. Then I found a male connector lying loose in the cabinet. The instructions indicate that the male receptor in the back-box would be connected to a brown - grey wire in the back box, but I could not find a brown-grey loose-ended wire anywhere.... Then, as I continue to look I do find a blue-green (yellowish) wire with a loose end (not going anywhere) coming from the back-box. Could this be the wire?

So, for anyone who has hooked up a shaker-motor to their LOTR LE, could you please advise, what color wire (in the back-box - ie. not the red one right near the shaker location) is your shaker motor connected to?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Just saw this now and was going to say the connector you're looking for is in the lower cab not the back box. Glad you got it sorted.

How do you like the shaker?

D

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Well, Im waiting for a transistor to fix my right flipper, so I can only test it for now. :( lol So, far so good!!

More time to clean, adjust and mod. :)

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
They did!!

In regards to Menaces question about how I like the shaker, this one is a bit "clunky." Ive installed on on a SM and have one on my STLE, both sound smooth if you know what I mean. This one, ordered through Pinball Life, is noisy on the longer shakes. Has anyone run into that?