• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

LED OCD for WPC - New Design and Price Drop

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
herg just posted this on pinside a few days ago regarding his LED OCD board for WPC:

I’m very excited to announce a new design for the WPC version of LED OCD. The new design dramatically shrinks the size of the main PCB to the point that it will fit where the breakout board used to be installed. This allows cables to reach directly, eliminating the breakout board and making the cables less expensive.

I’m passing the savings down to you guys. The new price for these kits will be $129.

Thanks for all the support.

0d7953a1bece39f0086363e68c658d38e7a2afd1.jpg

6c8ac0b9829e2c48aa4f1b64bb6751f00d54fdc4.jpg

For those who don't know what this board does here is a sample video showing you a side by side comparison as well as a brief description from his website.

LEDs are great for improving the colors and lighting up dim inserts, but pinball machines were designed to use incandescent bulbs. LEDs can look harsh and have flicker issues due to the way lamps are controlled. LED OCD allows you to customize how lamps are controlled in order to make them react more like incandescent bulbs, or just better in general.

Here is a link to herg's website where you can find more information or purchase

http://ledocd.com

Reactions: brad808

herg

Mar 28, 2013
Virginia
Mike,

Thanks for posting this here. I do have an account here, though I don't use it much. Anyone, feel free to PM me here or to send questions through my website.

Reactions: brad808

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Dang, I just bought the original version a couple months ago. I don't mind the breakout board but this one looks tiny and fits perfect with those new 3D printed mounts.