• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

League Challenge Tournament ?

Rockin

Jan 19, 2016
Caledon ON
Obviously, this could not happen before next fall or winter at the earliest, but I think it would be fun to have a League Challenge Tournament of some sort. The GTA has four active leagues that I know of, Bluffs, TOPL, DRAPL, & MAPLE.

You could have teams of 8 or 10 players from each league, and have a golf, Ryder Cup, or curling, Continental Cup format, with different 1, 2 or 4 team member games. Or, a more standard tournament, with the league getting the most combined total points getting bragging rights.

Would any of the guys who run the leagues or tournaments be interested in setting up something like this?

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
what kind of format , each playing a game at there own house ? would this still require people to gather ? you also forgot City Pinball , and Hamilton mountain pinball , and tricity pinball

Rockin

Jan 19, 2016
Caledon ON
I'm throwing this out there as an idea. I have no knowledge or experience running a tournament, so was hoping some of the people who do might be interested. I'm thinking to the future, when hopefully this Covid crap is over, and people can get together again.
Sorry, no disrespect meant to any other leagues. You mention two I've not heard of. It would be up to whoever was organizing as to format and number of players/teams.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
this has been bantered about for about 10 years or so , but nothing has really developed , I mentioned an Ontario Cup for the champions a few years back .many people play in more then one league too

Rockin

Jan 19, 2016
Caledon ON
I was thinking more of a fun get to know each other, all levels event, rather than a league championship. Playing in more than one league is not an issue. You would just choose which team to be on for the event.