• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Introduce Yourself!

smokedog

Mar 5, 2013
Saskatoon
Smokedog

Hey all!

Pinhead from the black hole of pins, SK. Doing my part to change all that, but it's an uphill battle.

In the late 90's, a small group of guys bought and sold pretty much every pin from every operator around. The States got a nice influx of cheap pins. Now, a small group of different guys are trying to bring them back!

Shot from our tournament last month. This is the location that I operate. I hope to get it up to about 9 pins eventually, then start a once a month rotation. One pin enters, one pin leaves type of deal. I really enjoy my public man cave. Servers are great, food is decent, staff price beers. Any sport I could care to watch. Minutes from home. Good times.

Love the site! Great to see pin being talked about by more people.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Meegis here, new to the site, have a history of playing games growing up (dad always had machines in the basement). Now Im out on my own, getting married in 6 weeks, and well, picking up my first machine this week. Will chat more on the regular boards, and hope to learn as much as I can.

As a pinball player, Im alright.
As a pinball tech, Im a negative noob.

vinyljunkie67

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Hi all. My name is Mike, and I'm a pinball addict (cue: HI MIKE!). Anyways, I'm just a young fella, and I only got into the hobby last year, but have been playing since I could barely see over the glass. One of my earliest memories is my dad holding me up to a Funhouse (if anyone has one to sell, I'd better get in line!) for a better view, and telling me when to flip. My collection consists of two pins that I'm putting a lot of love into. I'm currently replacing the factory removed flash lamps in my F-14 (after repairing all the others that didn't work), and re-doing the inevitable data glove repairs on my JM, but having a blast doing it. I started by asking level42 to find me a solid game that worked, but ended up with a fixer-up, and now I'm looking at yet another project. Wish I could fix my worn records like a game, but that's a whole different hobby :FP: . Cheers

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Hi Mike! Welcome to the assylum.. eerrr the insanity.. eerrr the forum! Ya, that's it... the forum! :)

Nice start to the collection, let us know if you have any questions and look forward to your repair stories.

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Welcome to the forums Mike! Did you and Jeff manage to work things out and pick up that Black Hole project?

level42

Nov 15, 2012
Kitchener, ON
ultra64.ca
Can't wait to pick up Black Hole. With my White Water being at 99% working (less the upper play-field EOS switch), I've become bored and need something to work on.

Perhaps its time to look for number 2 again ... but what ...

Anyways, welcome to the madness Mike, you'll find that this is a wonderful resource of knowledge with an awesome group of guys. They've helped me on many issues, as you know.

MEOW!

Turd Ferguson

Apr 26, 2013
Kirkland
Hello. My name's Jay. New to owning pinball games. Heard of this site on another. Montrealer born and raised, living in Kirkland. Been loving pinball games since the early 70s. Just learning on how to fix mine.

Freezie

May 15, 2013
Sask
I'm mike , I live in weyburn sask. this is the black hole of pins, I have traveled to winnipeg for machines as well as imported one from the Deep South of the us. Gotta do what you can when there's nothing around !

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Freezie said:
I'm mike , I live in weyburn sask. this is the black hole of pins, I have traveled to winnipeg for machines as well as imported one from the Deep South of the us. Gotta do what you can when there's nothing around !

Welcome Mike (and Randy)!

Everyone keeps referring to SK as the Black Hole of Pins. I thought even Toronto was pretty bad... or Canada in general. Can't imagine how hard it must be in the prairies.
You local collectors should collectively rent a truck and drive down to Expo in Chicago, or some other nearby show and fill yer boots. Do this 2-3 years in a row and the local inventory is going to start to look a lot better. Just a thought.

Out East, Gerry's container deals have surely improved local stock substantially.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
It's funny, I've bought 3 pins from SK and all were super rare and in super condition. I was toying with buying about 12-14 more from there but the timing was just all wrong.

D

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Hi, I'm an accountant in the Ottawa area. I am new to pinball (a newb), I bought my first pinball in March of this year an Elektra (love it!). Then I bought another, then another now I want another, I just can't stop myself! BTW I'm in the market for another!

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
quarter grabber said:
Hi, I'm an accountant in the Ottawa area. I am new to pinball (a newb), I bought my first pinball in March of this year an Elektra (love it!). Then I bought another, then another now I want another, I just can't stop myself! BTW I'm in the market for another!

Welcome aboard quarter grabber! Sounds familiar...are you on other boards under the same name?

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
tkaye said:
quarter grabber said:

Welcome aboard quarter grabber! Sounds familiar...are you on other boards under the same name?

Yes. I'm on MAACA, I thanked you on there for letting me know where to get all the Tron mods. I posted a video of my completely modded machine. Check it out!

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Welcome to the REVOLUTION quarter grabber!

I think you will find PBRev to be a much friendlier and honest forum compared to the other.

Many of us are also defectors from the "holier/richer than thou boys club" ! :lol: