• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Introduce Yourself!

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
I'm Kyle from Windsor....

I feel like Taco Bell....I seem to be the "runner" (to the/across the border) of the group! :lol:

Pinball is great....a little frustrating. Baseball is my way to go......

PhantomGirl_

Jan 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Hi,

I'm Nakia, one of Kyle (Golden Grahams) friends and I am new to pinball. I now am the proud owner of a POTO and while I love it, I already daydream about what the next one may be... I was told this hobby can be addictive ;)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Welcome Kyle and Nakia! Glad to see there is some love for this hobby in Windsor as Kyle told me he feels like a lone wolf sometimes and wishes he lived closer to our little gang here. Glad Kyles old POTO went to a good home where he can still see and play it from time to time and what do you have in mind for your second pinball?

PhantomGirl_

Jan 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Mike, I assure you it is in a good home and will be loved and admired daily!

I am not too sure what the next one may be, I know it wont be any time too soon, one day though. Right now I am just enjoying POTO, getting to know how things work (and don't work) and I'm lucky to have help in both areas. Its a great machine and Kyle has taken great care of any that have been in his possession so Im lucky that my first machine was one he looked after first.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
PhantomGirl_ said:
Mike, I assure you it is in a good home and will be loved and admired daily!

Good to see you know me by name already, guess Kyle told you about how we first met? :lol:

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
mwong168 said:
Glad to see there is some love for this hobby in Windsor as Kyle told me he feels like a lone wolf sometimes and wishes he lived closer to our little gang here.

I chose my new Avatar just for you Mike!
I too am glad Nakia is into this hobby...it's good to have a friend close by...even if she is a girl! :D

P.S.....She wouldn't have that POTO if my good buddy hadn't given me a false LOTR lead..... :evil: Only kidding you Mike! You're welcome for the WH2O... :mrgreen: Now you have 2 reasons to visit Windsor! Take care man.

Sunfox

Jan 21, 2013
Toronto, ON
Greetings... glad to be here. I'm also on MAACA, Pinside and various other pinball forums, plus RGP since around 2003. My collection is modest: TSPP, BSM, BDK, plus a new WOZ on the way (ordered in the first 24 hours so I should be one of the first in Canada with it). Alas, the BDK will probably have to go to make way for WOZ, but I've been putting off doing that. :)

burningtoys

Feb 8, 2013
Oshawa, Ontario
HI Guys. My name is Rich and I've been toying with the idea of picking up a pinball machine for my game room.

I have a couple arcade cabinets, lots of home consoles and I think a pinball machine would go nicely in there. I'm still in the research phase and thats how I ended up here. It's always nice to find a more local (or at least Canadian) forum for your hobby. I'll be sticking around for a long while.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Hey Rich! Definitely tripped over the right place... Word of caution, pinball machines are like potato chips. You can never have just one!

Couple of questions... 1)Any particular era of game you prefer? 2)Any particular theme you prefer? 3)Any particular title in mind? If you don't have any preference, finding one will be easy. If you have a specific game in mind, I find in these situations you either wait a while before finding one to your liking (and possibly paying more than you should if you can't wait)

Anyway, ask as many questions as you'd like and enjoy the hobby!

Doug

burningtoys

Feb 8, 2013
Oshawa, Ontario
Menace said:
Hey Rich! Definitely tripped over the right place... Word of caution, pinball machines are like potato chips. You can never have just one!

Couple of questions... 1)Any particular era of game you prefer? 2)Any particular theme you prefer? 3)Any particular title in mind? If you don't have any preference, finding one will be easy. If you have a specific game in mind, I find in these situations you either wait a while before finding one to your liking (and possibly paying more than you should if you can't wait)

Anyway, ask as many questions as you'd like and enjoy the hobby!

Doug

Doug,

I'm looking into DMD 90's stuff because that is what I played the most of and have the most nostalgia for. Either horror or sci-fi themed but I've read a bit about the new AC/DC machine and it sounds pretty cool. So maybe a music based machine if the band is right. If they ever make a Ramones machine I'm there! Horror would be my first choice out of all those themes.

I started toying around with the idea of a pinball machine because an acquaintance was trying to get rid of a Nightmare on Elm St. I passed because she just wanted to much for it ($2100). I don't have a specific game in mind but price is always a factor. I have a lot of other distractions in the game room so I have no problem waiting to see what pops up.

Thanks for being so welcoming!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Welcome Rich,
If you're looking for something in a DMD under $2K, there are a few choices, but not a whole lot.

A BSD (Bram Stokers Dracula) could be had in that ballpark, but you'll have to be pretty lucky and fast.
I always recommend a game like Fish Tales in that price range. It's not horror, but definitely packs a lot of fun and will have greater legs long term than most other "starter pins". Dr Who could be another way to go as well.

If you're willing to forego the DMD and maybe get an alpha-numeric, the options start to open up a lot more. Tons of sci-fi and horror in the 80's. Black Hole, Gorgar, Firepower, Haunted House, Space Shuttle etc...
These may not be as easy as a DMD to start with, but still very viable options if you like the era and simpler designs.

Good luck!

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Hey, Glenn here. There's another guy named Glenn ( necro-nemesis) so to avoid confusion, feel free to refer to me as "the cool Glenn."

Live in Brampton. Have a modest collection of classic Ballys. Got my pilot's license recently, so there's not as much cash for pins as there used to be. Actually downsizing my collection, opting for just a few machines of greater value. If you've got a question about classic Ballys or Sterns, ask Cooke or Menace. If they don't get back to you, then ask me. :p

And yes, my avatar is a picture of my dog having a crap.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Welcome Luckydogg420 and I too started out in the MAME community (mainly BYOAC) before I found out about cgcc and maaca. Funny I got into this hobby over a free coin door that monkeybug put up for free 3 years ago on kijiji. I even emailed him links to some of my past MAME projects to show him that I wasn't going to take his free coin door and flip and was planning to keep it for a future project for myself. He recognized some of my projects and asked if I was mwong168 on cgcc/maaca. We exchanged a few emails for weeks and he invited me over to check out his pinball collection and the rest is history :twisted: