• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Introduce Yourself!

amona

Nov 19, 2012
Barrie
Hi

I'm Alan from Barrie. I started playing pinball in the 70's, gave it up in the 80's and started back at it in the early 90's. High Speed got me playing again but it was rec.games.pinball that got me taking the whole thing too far.

Bought a broken game at a garage sale, got it working and bought another. Sold them and got a couple more. And so it goes...

Now that I have maxed out my little corner of the basement with 4 (like I said Little corner) I keep stuffing projects into the garage. Now that the garage is full I get my fix doing the occasional house call.

Pretty much I stick to the EM stuff. Fixed a fair number of pins, gun games and driving games - Anything EM I like to look inside!

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Mike here. I'm not crazy. I just like playing pinball. I live in the boonies in the city of Kawartha Lakes (vague :)) near a lake....
I managed to get an education while still skipping many many days of school to play pinball and arcade games. I also smoked back then but I quit. Didn't quit pinball though :).
I always have pinapple on my pizza.

Mike

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Barry here. I live in Mississauga and like to play pinball. I played a bit in the 70s as a young kid, a little more here and there in the 80s (admittedly video games were front and centre) but I hit my pinball stride in the early 90s... playing often until they just seemed to disappear.

I purchased my very first pin around 2006, and a second one a year or so later. Paid retail for both :cry: . The last couple of years I started buying from fellow pinball collectors, joined TOPL this spring and go every Monday, and now have 10 pins. DMDs mostly, but got my first of two EMs just over a month ago.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Walt here - live in eastern Scarborough, teach kids way smarter than me, but manage to make them think otherwise, and I've been in the hobby since summer 2011.

Loving the games, the friends I've made, and the times I've had. This hobby rocks!

I'm John Jones.
some know me as Paul.....whatever.
I like to get machines, fix machines and every once in a while actually play one or two games. :cool:
My fun comes from taking something not working and making it do what it supposed to do.
Probably why I am not the greatest player.

Great to be here. Look forward to the activity on the new site.

Thanks
John

killerstorms

Nov 24, 2012
God I feel like this is P,B,A
My name is Aime
I work in the government in Ottawa as IT repair guy and arcade and pinball repair guy when I don't work my primary job

juztbecause

Nov 24, 2012
juztbecause and I have the same illness as the rest of you, the cure I figure is simple....buy more :)

I have a vast knowledge base of nothing, feel free not to ask.

JeffM

Nov 27, 2012
London
Jeff here from the London area. i dont have any pins right now but love getting out and playing as much as possible, I do have the addiction. Currently working on a mame project and hopefully buying my first pin sometime this year :)

T-800

Dec 3, 2012
Minnesota
www.riotpinball.com
My name is Scott and I'm a pinball addict. Bought my first pin (T2) in '09. Since then my basement's been transformed with pins that seemed to sprout up out of the carpet. I'm up to 8 pins now, with another on the way and two more real pins I plan on building. The madness...

I've been chatting with mwong168 for well over a year now on various pinball related items and he mentioned I should think about joining this forum. Looks cool, so I figured I'd go ahead. I spend most of my time over at the virtual pinball forums and have built my own pincab - Pinsanity. Mike used some of the artwork I drew for the build on his kick-ass portable pin cab build. I've also designed a digital pinball table - Wrath of Olympus (WOOLY for short) and am currently in the process of building a real version based on that design. Looks like this forum might be able to give me some tips and tricks as I go through the process in addition to being what appears to be a cool site to just hang around anyway.

Spiral out.... keep going...

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Glad to see you found your way here Scott. I was going to tell you to join the other forum most of us are on but didn't wanna annoy you with having to use google translate from time to time :D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Rob from Burlington. Purveyor of fine meats and cheeses. Also known as Richard Nixon's impeached Veep, Spiro Agnew. Shuffling my basement every three months or so to jenga in a new machine. Actually have a very supportive wife--supportive because she has her own vices...designer clothes and shoes.

slimmer

Dec 19, 2012
Hi it's new member Slimmer from whitby ont. AK the real slim shady. It is funny how nick names stick. Played alot when i was young growing up in the shaw then just 2 years ago bought a beat up blackout and now the bug has struck. I have only space for 2 machines at the moment because of a few large fish tanks that i breed sting rays in. I have Pinbot and T2 at the moment but am always looking for machines. Addicting hobby but i like it. Looking forward to learning more off of the crew here and maybe might be able to add some knowledge also.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Names Dave, from Crystal Beach, the jewel of the South Coast....been collecting machines on and off for over 15 years...also collect vehicles, the uglier the better. Currently have a 62 dodge panel truck and a 72 SDP Pinzgauer (both great pin haulers, ironically.....).

I enjoy oddball splatter movies and hideous death metal. But I'll listen to Clay Aiken if he's on the radio........

yodie

Dec 20, 2012
Haha you guys are funny. Hi my names yodie, im glad i found this forum through your contest adds on kijiji, im searching pinball a few times a day when i know i cant purchase, thats when the itch grows and u have a roadkings in ur beedroom for a month because the wife was gone that weekend lol.. I like this forum i read alot of maaca discusions but never comment really. Hopeful ill enjoy being active here.
i started buy pins three years ago i thing i bought 11 and down to 7 now and three arcades.
so far my favourite is my secret service and was strangly addicted to the sound in the raven i owned.
oh i live in toronto and i have a post in the claassified section, some bad luck with an mpu. Otherwise im looking forward to getting my roadkings and space station working!

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Hey Gang!

I'm Adam, a straight-shooter from Mont-REAL.
As a former punk raised on the mean streets of Winnipeg, I learned to question authority and injustice from an early age.
I have an unhealthy passion for pinball and honesty.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Brock and the moderators for creating and managing this site.
Thank you for providing us with an outlet to talk all things pinball; the timing could not have been better.

All the best in 2013 and happy flipping!!!

ps. i love the logo, tagline, and color scheme ;)