1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Members of The Revolution!' started by Subpacket, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Vhex

Vhex New Member

Hello everyone, joined a few days ago while shopping for my first pin, I haven't pulled the trigger on anything just yet. but I've talked to a few members in private and am getting a lot of useful information. any advise for someone just getting into the hobby is much appreciated. I'm hoping to get something newer and in good working condition to avoid big repairs, for a long as possible. I'm located in stratford, on. so most of southern ontario is where i'm looking.
    I look forward to chatting with you all and maybe getting into some tournaments one day.
    Craig.

2. DRANO

DRANO Well-Known Member

Welcome Craig.
    Not being too picky is always a good place to start... especially when the market for pins has jumped as high as it has. Being flexible will mean you can probably get something playable and reasonably fun... even if it's not on the proverbial 'A-list'.

Buy from a reputable seller if you can. Chances are the game has been in their collection and cared for... and not simply purchased a week ago and in the process of being flipped.

That being said, things break. That's why there are forums such as this one and online resources that go back years and cover just about any type of game out there.

You can always put out a Want to Buy thread with your budget paramters and the types of machines you're looking for. You might get lucky.

Have fun!

3. Beatmaster

Beatmaster New Member

hi guys,

Been lurking for a while and decided to finally be part of the community.
    Might sell a few games and parts soon.

bob.

4. mwong168

mwong168 Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to PBREV Bob and thanks again for helping me load up your boss' RFM a few years ago :D

5. mR_CaESaR

mR_CaESaR New Member

Thought I should post in the intro thread...

I stumbled upon this page through google for "Vewlix" related items and mwong168's thread appeared.

I quickly joined up to comment and add my progress on my Vewlix cab.

I love my arcade cabs, but not so much Pinballs - I know it's ironic, but the thread had the most information and most active photos :) :)

I'm located down under in Sydney, Australia.

WARLOCK likes this.
  6. mwong168

mwong168 Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums and appreciate all your contributions so far to the best cab ever!

7. shuffman1

shuffman1 New Member

Hi all,
    Fairly new pinball owner but loooong time player. Currently I have 3 machines that I bought this summer. Chicago Coin Allstars baseball (had to have it because I played it as a kid) Bally Knockout (my wife's choice but I love playing it too) and Data East Batman as the centerpiece to my Batman collection.