• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

How much pinball do you play?

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Curious to hear how much time you guys are playing pinball each day, or if you don't play every day, how much do you play in a week or a month?

Especially curious to hear how much pinball time some of the more accomplished tournament players log. Adam?

I try to get at least a game or two in each day at the very minimum. Of course there are days, and even weeks when there is just too much going on and I don't get around to it. But in general, I'd like to think I average about an hour a day. And of course there are days when I'll play for a whole afternoon or evening especially with friends, and if beverages are involved. It's amazing how the hours fly by when you're having fun! :D

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
If I told you then you would expect me to be a better player :lol: . I'd guestimate at 10 hours a week average. Usually 4-5 hours on Saturday between relaxing and drinking at night with friends, the rest scattered through the week.

tim.sanderson

I try to play at least a few games a day if I'm by myself. That number goes up quite a bit when I have someone over to play.

On a typical Saturday I might play 2 or 3 games, walk away and do something else, then go back to play another game or two. That cycle can go on all day.

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
I play very little, at least that seems to be the case for the last while. I'll play for a half dozen games here and there and then not play again for a while. I always make sure to put some 'play test' time on my client's machines though. Gives me an opportunity to play a wide variety of machines that I wouldn't normally get to play.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Since putting the machines in my office at home, almost daily. Some days Im just busy though.

Also, TFLE has not made it past the front hallway...... it gets played daily by habit.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
On average a few games a month.
If there was just room in the corner of the union office I could play all day....
If I tend to do too well it sours my wife from wanting to play for a while.
Is it my fault that I took note of the flipper shots?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I haven't been playing much of my own pins at all, way too many other priorities so far this year. Hopefully once I get some of the bigger projects around the house completed I'll finally have some time to spend playing instead of fixing.

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I play allot less then most people think I do.

Obviously every Monday for league, but usually not much at all for the rest of the week, then depending on how busy my weekends are, I'll spend a bunch of time on the weekends playing/fixing stuff.

Tournaments are really where I spend the bulk of my time playing, since then it's usually like 12 hours a day of pinball for 3 - 4 days straight.

During the past IFPA week, I played pinball everyday for 11 days, for at least 5 hours or more each day, it was a little much by the end of it :mrgreen:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Anywhere from 1-10 games every other night. Varies a lot. I may go a week without playing at all if I get busy and then binge play for an hour.

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
I play daily for about an hour or so before the Mrs gets home from work. Then a couple of hours on the weekend. But when I get buddies over and drinks are flowing, all bets are off!!

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Sounds like a lot of us are pretty much on the same page. Interesting to hear that you don't play all that much during a typical week Adam. If my basement looked like yours I'm not sure I would have so much restraint! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
bstock said:
Sounds like a lot of us are pretty much on the same page. Interesting to hear that you don't play all that much during a typical week Adam. If my basement looked like yours I'm not sure I would have so much restraint! Lol

It's time and energy more then anything, I don't home from work till usually 6:30 - 7.

During the summer I'm always busy with chores, cutting the grass, maintenance on the household kinda stuff, so don't usually get to actually sit down till like 7:30 - 8, then watch something on TV to relax, and hang out with the wife, then it's around 10 - 11 so time to get ready for bed and start it all over again.

It's also all perspective, as sicking as this may sound to some people given the number of games I have, lots of times, I walk down into my basement and all I can think to myself is how I don't have enough games and I have nothing i want to play :FP:

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
I play 1 to 2 times during the week for a few games usually by myself with no distractions and try to get serious and improve. Friday and Sat I play with friends from about 7pm till Midnight (beer included) and is more for fun and games.

We recently started making up pingolf courses. That is a great way to learn rules about machines that you may have not known before and a chance to go for strategies that you may not go for otherwise.

We also recently incorporated the "WHITE BOARD". This board displays the all time worst 1 ball and worst 3 ball scores for each machine. If you get a horrible score 1st ball you have to go to the white board and see if you broke the old record and if so you get your name up! So you get your name up YAY but it is for the worst score BOO. Double edged sword but lots of fun!

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
When I'm not too busy, I get a game or two in a day. My favourite thing to do is what I call "walking the line", playing each one left to right. A few times, if I've got the chance. In fact, I'm heading over there right now.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Since i don't own a real pin right now, my play time is limited to machines that are out in the wild. Work takes me to k-w, Cambridge, Guelph, and Brantford on a regular bases so I stop in for a game or two on my lunch whenever I can. Some weeks I don't get a chance to play, but I'd guess that I avg 5-10 games a week.

At home, I have the virtual pin, and that's great. It mostly gets turned on when friends are over for several hour marathons, although now that it's summer I spend a lot less time indoors.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Other than Monday TOPL nights, weeknights don't tend to have a lot of pinball. Maybe 5 or 6 games a week either after kids are in bed, or after work while one of us is making dinner. Neither kid really "plays" that well, but my 6 year old tries, and my 2 year old likes the flashing lights. Weekends usually a couple of games here and there-I like being able to kill 10 minutes playing pinball, which is way less of a time commitment than turning on the xbox. Even a long ass game of LOTR is short compared to a console game session.