• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

HighSpeed Kicker on the left side.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
I can find 0 information about the Outlane Kickback Assembly. part. A-11041

basically it looks like a block box with a rod that shoots out of it. the rod does not go back in, even with the game off, I have to push it in.

Any troubleshooting tips? It does not look like a traditional coil ..... sadly.

Derek

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
Not my pic but this is what it should look like

IMG_4956.jpg

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
This is a regular coil with a different mechanical assembly that allows a plunger with a Teflon tip to hit/save the ball when activated.
Either your coil overheated in the past or there is dried-up oil or grease in there that is binding the plunger.
Hopefully the drive transistor is good and not short (e.g. is the coil running hot after a minute or so?)

You can try replacing the sleeve if it is not melted inside, and/or clean the inside of the sleeve and the plunger
and make sure that the return spring will pull the plunger back in automatically once out. This test should be done
with the machine powered off, as it appears your issue is mechanical (unless the drive transistor is shorted).

Good luck,
- Sylvain.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Hi Guys,

from looking from the top, I obviously did not see the right thing ;) I took off the bib, and yeah, it is a standard coil. I cleaned the sleeve, it is a different sleeve compared to all of my spare parts (of course) so I just made it all clean, got rid of the old grease and lightly lubed it.

Now it is a lot better, i ran the self test 30 times and it only stuck once, but it recovered itself. during gameplay. it seems to be ok, but I feel something is still wrong.

I do not know if the spring is just old and weak, or the transistor , coil or that black square that controls it is having issues. will go play now for a bit and see how it is behaving! :)

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
No lube should be used for this assembly - if the sleeve and plunger are clean, and the return spring OK, the plunger should slide in and out easily every time.