• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Help me decide

Which one?

• MET PRO

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • KISS PRO

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • ST PRO

• WOZ

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • TWD PRO

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • GOT PRO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FULL THROTTLE

• Total voters

Oddword

Aug 15, 2015
GRIMSBY
What should i get?

Metallica pro (not my band)
Kiss pro (really don't like band)
Star Trek PRO(like this game but played it a lot already)
WOZ
TWD PRO
GOT Pro (never seen show, or read books)
Full throttle

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
For me personally I would put them in this order:

1) WOZ, tons to do in this game and I'm a sucker for mini playfields
2) Full Throttle, never played it but it looks cool and the cab can be used for other HWP games too
3) Metalica Pro, fun game, lots to shoot for, coded by Lyman but sparky does get old after awhile
4) Kiss Pro, played it today for the first time. Lots to do for a pro version and not too stripped down from the Premium either
5) TWD Pro, super stripped down from the premium/LE. A very bare bones Pro. If you were looking at the Premium/LE version of this game it would be at the top of the list
6) ST Pro. Nice Pro, not stripped down at all! Pretty much the exact same as the premium. Fun to play for awhile but it ETREMELY lacks in the code department! Every mode feels the same and it becomes a snooze fest after awhile
7) GOT Pro, it is only ranked last because we don't know how it plays. But the most stripped down Pro I've ever seen! It looks like a zizzle pin

Reactions: Oddword

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Just wondering why you have a $9000+ game like WOZ in the list then all Pro versions? Moving up to the Premium/LE version of each game would dramatically change the list. Except ST, no real difference in Pro/premium there. Like I said if TWD Premium was on the list I would have put it #1, that game is badass!

Oddword

Aug 15, 2015
GRIMSBY
Woz is on the list because i think there is a chance of getting a used one for 8k and its fancy. But also i dont know how its gameplay would stand up to metallica and star trek. So i want to see how it stands against the pros. Can't afford anything more.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
I would never buy the first of something. WoZ has had quite a few problems including board issues, bad clear on playfield, chipping on playfield (in home environment), and reliability issues on location (search pinside). I'd remove this one right away from the list.

FT, while promising, is still an unknown quantity. For that reason alone, I wouldn't buy it at this point.

Same can be said of GoT. Layout looks plain (talking Pro). Artwork is a mish mash of styles. I personally wouldn't sign up for the code ride. You get a game with stripped code at the beginning and will likely wait months while it is being developed. You really won't know how the game plays until the code is further along. I would never buy a new Stern for this reason alone.

That leaves me with:

Metallica pro (not my band)
Kiss pro (really don't like band)
Star Trek PRO(like this game but played it a lot already)
TWD PRO

Out of that list, I vote Star Trek Pro.

You don't like Metallica and Kiss. The music plays a pretty big part of both machines. I'm also not a fan of Metallica and, for that reason, I don't care for the game. I think the music would get on your nerves after awhile.

I haven't played the latest code for TWD and I have read that really improves it. I really wasn't impressed with it when I first played it, but the code was really early. It may be better now. So take this vote with a grain of salt.

ST is a fully loaded Pro. It doesn't look cheap like GoT, for example. It's a great looking game and sounds fantastic. I find the game fast and fun. I don't find the game repetitive. The modes are different and you have to hit different shots. With the recent code update, you cann't simply time out the modes to advance. You have to complete the 1st Level to advance (not sure after that). Plus, like alot of modern Sterns, there is alot of stacking potential which adds to the strategy. There seems to be a really complete ruleset with this one. I played it quite a bit on holiday and really didn't feel like I understood it completely. I was able to get "decent" scores and win a few extra games :), but I like that I still have alot to figure out. Lastly, you might be able to find one of these HUO and save yourself some money.

Good luck,
Duane

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
For me personally I would put them in this order:

1) WOZ, tons to do in this game and I'm a sucker for mini playfields
2) Full Throttle, never played it but it looks cool and the cab can be used for other HWP games too
3) Metalica Pro, fun game, lots to shoot for, coded by Lyman but sparky does get old after awhile
4) Kiss Pro, played it today for the first time. Lots to do for a pro version and not too stripped down from the Premium either
5) TWD Pro, super stripped down from the premium/LE. A very bare bones Pro. If you were looking at the Premium/LE version of this game it would be at the top of the list
6) ST Pro. Nice Pro, not stripped down at all! Pretty much the exact same as the premium. Fun to play for awhile but it ETREMELY lacks in the code department! Every mode feels the same and it becomes a snooze fest after awhile
7) GOT Pro, it is only ranked last because we don't know how it plays. But the most stripped down Pro I've ever seen! It looks like a zizzle pin

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your "advice" considering I just had to spend 2 days playing Crapgate cause of you!

1) WOZ - more like TURD, I do not like this game at all. If you want something pretty to look at buy a WOZ, if you want a good playing game don't. There is nothing of substance to this game, and I hate the low scoring on it. When pop bumper hits are worth the same value as shots to ramps and targets it just doesn't make sense. You spend all your time bating the ball around trying to do SOMETHING but half the time you end up doing nothing and walk away felling like WTF was the point of all that.

There is lots of depth in WOZ but its SO FAR AWAY it ridiculous, id say even more ridiculous than SDMEWM in TSPP. Then even when you get some of the deeper stuff it doesn't feel like you've accomplished anything. Getting some of the progress is based purely on dumb luck which is stupid (I'm looking at your haunted forest modes)

Then you have a PF with crap angles for shots and mini PF's that play like garbage (The spinning house isn't bad but completely underutilized) and all of it adds up to nothing worth even half of what it costs

2) Full Throttle - no opinion, I've only played a couple games but what I played didn't make me want to play any more.

3) Best game on this list, I could spend literal pages writing why (and have) so if you want to know why Metallica is the best game on this list read this:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

4) Kiss - Too early to say, software needs lots of work, time will tell

5) TWD - I completely disagree with Ryan on this (big surprise!) The pro on TWD is just fine, in fact it might even be better, what do you lose an up down ramp on the left ramp and a stupid cross bow which adds very little to the game. I spent some time with it at Pinburgh in the finals and am starting to like it more. The PF Multiplier along with shot multlier add a depth of strategy that is interesting, and the modes are quite worthwhile although a bit boring.

6) ST Pro - This one is an anomaly to me, the I don't like how all the modes all feel the same, but for some reason I just like to play it. The game is fun to shoot, the combo multiplier on shots makes you want to make shots and the inculions of the medal system makes you actually want to play the modes. I think it's a game I would like to add to my collection one day for sure.

7) GOT Pro - Don't bother. Just be patient and wait the game will 100% not be any good upon release and I say t will be 6 months to a year before Stern gets the code to a point that the game will be considered playable. Just wait that amount of time, and buy a HUO one as I guarantee someone will eventually sell one and you can save yourself some cash on the NIB prod price

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your "advice" considering I just had to spend 2 days playing Crapgate cause of you!

1) WOZ - more like TURD, I do not like this game at all. If you want something pretty to look at buy a WOZ, if you want a good playing game don't. There is nothing of substance to this game, and I hate the low scoring on it. When pop bumper hits are worth the same value as shots to ramps and targets it just doesn't make sense. You spend all your time bating the ball around trying to do SOMETHING but half the time you end up doing nothing and walk away felling like WTF was the point of all that.

There is lots of depth in WOZ but its SO FAR AWAY it ridiculous, id say even more ridiculous than SDMEWM in TSPP. Then even when you get some of the deeper stuff it doesn't feel like you've accomplished anything. Getting some of the progress is based purely on dumb luck which is stupid (I'm looking at your haunted forest modes)

Then you have a PF with crap angles for shots and mini PF's that play like garbage (The spinning house isn't bad but completely underutilized) and all of it adds up to nothing worth even half of what it costs

2) Full Throttle - no opinion, I've only played a couple games but what I played didn't make me want to play any more.

3) Best game on this list, I could spend literal pages writing why (and have) so if you want to know why Metallica is the best game on this list read this:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/metallica-pro.3077/

4) Kiss - Too early to say, software needs lots of work, time will tell

5) TWD - I completely disagree with Ryan on this (big surprise!) The pro on TWD is just fine, in fact it might even be better, what do you lose an up down ramp on the left ramp and a stupid cross bow which adds very little to the game. I spent some time with it at Pinburgh in the finals and am starting to like it more. The PF Multiplier along with shot multlier add a depth of strategy that is interesting, and the modes are quite worthwhile although a bit boring.

6) ST Pro - This one is an anomaly to me, the I don't like how all the modes all feel the same, but for some reason I just like to play it. The game is fun to shoot, the combo multiplier on shots makes you want to make shots and the inculions of the medal system makes you actually want to play the modes. I think it's a game I would like to add to my collection one day for sure.

7) GOT Pro - Don't bother. Just be patient and wait the game will 100% not be any good upon release and I say t will be 6 months to a year before Stern gets the code to a point that the game will be considered playable. Just wait that amount of time, and buy a HUO one as I guarantee someone will eventually sell one and you can save yourself some cash on the NIB prod price

It wasn't my advice but my "opinion" just like yours above no matter how wrong it is ;)

Word on the street is Stargate was your favourite game. And your favourite shot was the sarcophagus shot :p

I'm not going to bother commenting on all the other nonsense above because that's all it is, nonsense. You seem to bitch about every game including ST when it first came out so I would take your "opinion" with a grain of salt as well. You remind me of a grumpy old man bitching about everything, you just haven't become old yet :)

The only thing I will slightly comment on is TWD. Chances are you haven't even played an LE. Because there are much more differences then you listed. One MAJOR reason the pro isn't nearly as good is the walker bombs in the code. Big game changer. Also there's the WOODBURY drop target that stops the ball from repeatedly going up into the pops all the time, the spinners, extra magnet and so on. You are the first person ever to my knowledge (excluding pro owners) that likes the pro better. But like you said above "big surprise".

Reactions: stiffler4444

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
It wasn't my advice but my "opinion" just like yours above no matter how wrong it is ;)

Word on the street is Stargate was your favourite game. And your favourite shot was the sarcophagus shot :p

I'm not going to bother commenting on all the other nonsense above because that's all it is, nonsense. You seem to bitch about every game including ST when it first came out so I would take your "opinion" with a grain of salt as well. You remind me of a grumpy old man bitching about everything, you just haven't become old yet :)

The only thing I will slightly comment on is TWD. Chances are you haven't even played an LE. Because there are much more differences then you listed. One MAJOR reason the pro isn't nearly as good is the walker bombs in the code. Big game changer. Also there's the WOODBURY drop target that stops the ball from repeatedly going up into the pops all the time, the spinners, extra magnet and so on. You are the first person ever to my knowledge (excluding pro owners) that likes the pro better. But like you said above "big surprise".

The only game I complain about on that list is WOZ, every other game I said has it merits with Metallica being the best on the list.

GOT and Full Throttle being complete unknowns to me.

As for TWD I have played the LE, multiple times Frolic has one, and I've played his a bunch. I don't see the added value and felt it played exactly the same as the Pro, perhaps new code has changed something, but I doubt it's $3K changed the game.

Even ACDC at this point with the Mini PF, the Pro is the better option and I own the Premium.

As for Crapgate, here is why I hate it, anytime a game punishes you for a valid shot, it makes it a bad game. The sarcophagus is an extremely important shot in the game and 50% of the time I went after it I was punished for it. That removes the skill from the game and it then becomes a coin flip to see who the game is going to let win, the game may as well be an EM.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
The only game I complain about on that list is WOZ, every other game I said has it merits with Metallica being the best on the list.

GOT and Full Throttle being complete unknowns to me.

As for TWD I have played the LE, multiple times Frolic has one, and I've played his a bunch. I don't see the added value and felt it played exactly the same as the Pro, perhaps new code has changed something, but I doubt it's $3K changed the game.

Even ACDC at this point with the Mini PF, the Pro is the better option and I own the Premium.

As for Crapgate, here is why I hate it, anytime a game punishes you for a valid shot, it makes it a bad game. The sarcophagus is an extremely important shot in the game and 50% of the time I went after it I was punished for it. That removes the skill from the game and it then becomes a coin flip to see who the game is going to let win, the game may as well be an EM.

Lol, I was just yanking your chain :p

Honest question though. I was wondering this at the show too. I never had the sarcophagus shot do that to me at home so could that problem be solved with levelling? I know the other Adam couldnt properly level Stargate because he had imperial tools and the legs were metric, or vice versa. Also could that shot problem be solved with a upward left nudge coming out of the sarcophagus shot? So it nudges the ball off the guide rail a bit? I'm not a great player so I don't know if either of these solutions would work?

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Had the opportunity to play Kiss Pro at the show this weekend and it was a very pleasant surprise! I love the shot layout and flow.... Give it a try. I was quickly converted from a meh to a wow....

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Lol, I was just yanking your chain :p

Honest question though. I was wondering this at the show too. I never had the sarcophagus shot do that to me at home so could that problem be solved with levelling? I know the other Adam couldnt properly level Stargate because he had imperial tools and the legs were metric, or vice versa. Also could that shot problem be solved with a upward left nudge coming out of the sarcophagus shot? So it nudges the ball off the guide rail a bit? I'm not a great player so I don't know if either of these solutions would work?

I had issues with the sarcophagus all weekend, there is nothing a player could do to influence the shot out of there, it is all in the setup apparently.

There were times it would rattle around in the outlane at the start of MB and drain as a result ending MB immediately.

If the 5 million drop on the 3 bank was up 100% of the time when the ball was shot out it would hit that drop and where it ended up after that would be anyone's guess.

Once in a blue moon I would get a nice feed to the upper flipper which is what I assume it is supposed to do?

It made the game extremely frustrating and while it never cost me anything (I won every match I played on it) I still don't feel it makes for a fair or good tournament game.

Leveling could have played a part I don't know, this was the first working Stargate I've ever played.

Oddword

Aug 15, 2015
GRIMSBY
Hey guys thanks for all the input. My buddy really thinks i should go with Metallica as well. I'm thinking that's going to be it.