• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Guardians of the Galaxy drop target issue

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
4E196E74-07D4-45F7-81E5-E67B024B5244.jpeg Lots of posts on pinside about a problem with the orb drop target not coming down and ball getting stuck and ball search doesn’t find the ball.

Bit of a pita but I found the problem to be that the little mechanism that drops the target gets jammed so it doesn’t move at all so the target can’t drop.

Two things fixed this for me - adding a couple really thin washers (I used lock washers because anything else was too thick) to take out some of the back and forth play for the drop mech (one in each side), and (i know this sounds janky but it fixed it) prying the whole assembly a little until you find the spot where triggering the drop does not result in the mech jamming, but not so much that the drop won’t engage.

The blue arrow shows the piece that kicks the drop target back so it drops (that’s the piece that jams), and the red arrow shows where I added a little washer.

Just thought I’d post in case it helps someone else.

Cheers!

Reactions: WARLOCK and kvoxx