• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gottlieb Money Calro gate stuck open

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Game worked fine for dozens of games. Now when you turn the game on the gate opens. It will close when you turn the game off. The 2 switches that normally open the gate are not stuck closed. Thinking maybe shorted transistor? Any thoughts?

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
Hey Mike , I am having the exact same problem.
Can you let me know how you fixed it!? I am fairly
new with this hobby (addiction) but if you can make
It as simple as possible I'm sure I will get it.
Thanks in advance!

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
I wasn't really sure which driver board so I pulled the main one in the back box tested Q8 and all transistors in the area. Everything seems ok. Also pulled the aux lamp driver board under the playfield with the same results. Switch test is showing #12 is closed it is located on the spin a ball wheel. I'll try adjusting that switch and see.
Which board did you replace?
Any other thoughts?

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
Quick update, switches are good.
With the wheel there is always a closed switch. Which ever one the ball is resting on! DUH moment!
If you can let me know which board it was(location), I'll focus on that. Thanks

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Lol at least you dont have to remove the wheel and clean it all like i had to do as 1/2 the switches in there werent working. the driver board is on the bottom left of the backbox. send your email and i will send the manual. i looked at it. i see a couple spots that say "gate" but cant see the associated transistor. can you deduce what number solenoid it is when you run the solenoid test? which solenoid number(s) do not fire?