• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gold plating on habitrails

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
I am looking for a good place to get my Shadow habitrails replated gold. Anyone know of a good place somewhere inbetweren toronto and Niagara falls that does good work at a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Apparently there is a place in Scarborough that people have used, but I don't have the contact info myself. (others may chime in that do) I personally have used Mike Chestnut down in TN on many occasions and can say his work is top shelf.

D

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Thanks Menace.

What was the cost like on that? expensive?

Any idea on a rough ball park for 3 habitrals in a shadow? Are we talking $20, $200, $1000? I have no clue what this type of service is worth or what prices are reasonable.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yeah, they're okay but a bit of a pain.
I'll use them for wire forms and anything under the playfield or inside the cabinet.... but stick to Mike Chestnut for things like rails and lock bars.

They're good if you save up a lot of parts and do a batch. Not very friendly on little stuff.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
good_buddy83 said:
Thanks Menace.

What was the cost like on that? expensive?

Any idea on a rough ball park for 3 habitrals in a shadow? Are we talking $20, $200, $1000? I have no clue what this type of service is worth or what prices are reasonable.

I think the last batch I had done was all of the wireforms and magnet cover for a ToM, and it cost me over $150 but I'm sure under $200 for 4 pieces. I found the best thing tondo was send him what you need plated and try to co-ordinate pickup while at a show.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Here's a big batch I did with Sun Polishing here in Toronto.
About $250 for a whack of interior parts and some legs. No trim or wireforms this time.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 789
  • IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 789

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Perhaps we should try to organize something now and send to Mike Chestnut and have it picked up at Expo? I would love to get the following gold plated:

TOM wire forms
TOTAN wire form, sword in the shooter lane, skill shot bracket, apron
IJ gun shooter handle ( :twisted: )

I have a number to call for a guy who does chrome plating in Scarborough. I have seen his amazing work on another collector's machines such as lockbars, side rails and even coin door. Going to be dropping my DM top handles to get done soon and maybe a few other parts too.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Once my TOTAN arrives I will defintiley be doing this.
Mike charged me $300 to do all the metal on my IJ (except legs... IJ already had brass legs).
This includes the purchase of new side rails.

I just had to mail him my lockbar, backbox hinges and the bolts.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Wong, good idea for a group to send to Mike Chesnut and pickup @ Expo.

I would be in for all the habit trails for my Shadow to start with.

There are a few of us at least that are planning on going to Expo. I will offer to transport the parts back.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
mwong168 said:
Perhaps we should try to organize something now and send to Mike Chestnut and have it picked up at Expo? I would love to get the following gold plated:

TOM wire forms
TOTAN wire form, sword in the shooter lane, skill shot bracket, apron
IJ gun shooter handle ( :twisted: )

I have a number to call for a guy who does chrome plating in Scarborough. I have seen his amazing work on another collector's machines such as lockbars, side rails and even coin door. Going to be dropping my DM top handles to get done soon and maybe a few other parts too.
Interested in a price for a stern coin door complete , including bolts. please let me know

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
luch said:
Interested in a price for a stern coin door complete , including bolts. please let me know

Here you go luch, $449.99 complete brass coin door kit from Joey.

Pic50.png

http://pinballdecals.com/STERNBrassDoorPage.html

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Luch,
Do eeet! That looks sick and wild! I will still be happy to keep dibs on your BSM even once you trick it out and bling it just like that!
That looks great! One day maybe, but if you do it, I know it will stay in your basement a very looooong time, which is most excellent!
Scott

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
I already installed the chrome shooter with the black spidey head , now just need to complete the chrome with the door assembly , really the way stern should have done it from the factory. but thanks for the encouragement to spend my money! ah what the heck it's only about $500 can. with delivery. Spent way more on stupider stuff in life then this