• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gilchrist Games (Toronto)

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
Anyone ever deal with this outfit. Nice web site, seems to deal in lots of Pin and Coin-Op- I called about a couple of machines but the prices that were quoted were very very high. Ex.- A SkyLab for $1400
Any thoughts or experiences anyone wants to share?

Thanks,

A

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
There prices are high and I find that they are not very flexible in their pricing. I bought a video game from them last year, but they were good with customer service. They replaced a few things that I complained about on the game. But, they say they do a full once over on everything before it leaves. One of the problems I had was that there is a fan unit in the game that was not even turned on and there was lots of dust and crap in the game so I know that they did not do a very good job of going over the game.

I just do not deal with them anymore. I buy private now or from Jerry at Playdium. The only thing with Playdium is that they do not have any older pins for sale.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
They are a retailer and you are asked to pay retail prices ... there are many examples of this kind in cities in the states. The standard pin collector is not their market but rather they are looking at the person that will put one machine in their basement or game room.

slimmer

Dec 19, 2012
They usually have a good parts selection for switches and coils compared to playdium but expensive on some stuff. I bought a flipper bushing from playdium for a buck and at gilchrist the same part was 3.95.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
slimmer said:
They usually have a good parts selection for switches and coils compared to playdium but expensive on some stuff. I bought a flipper bushing from playdium for a buck and at gilchrist the same part was 3.95.

Exactly know your suppliers and what makes sense and what doesn't .. same goes for the suppliers states side.

Hazzard

Mar 2, 2013
Windsor ON
Tom is a great guy. Marcello is a wizard tech. That's my old Skylab! Ha ha ha. I bought it for $500 from ShinyNick, so ya. Prices are a bit high...

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I wanted a a Banzai Run and Gilchrist was showing two in stock! Very unusual so I had to go and check them out.
Both games had recently arrived and had not yet been unpacked or gone through.

They quoted me a price to have the game fully shopped which was not at all crazy for a retail number on this rarer title.
Tom took me into the back to look around, I inquired if he would sell the game as-is (since what I really want to do is restore it anyway) and he knocked another $500.

It's retail, expect higher than market prices. But techs are expensive and they need to turn a profit. They had a Gottlieb Volley in there for $2000!!! It has 500 plays and was pristine. Obviously there is a segment of collectors or buyers that this would appeal to.

Overall, I found them to be friendly, helpful and more than reasonable.

matthewra

Dec 27, 2012
Toronto, Canada
kleinosky.com
I bought game from them last summer, nice to deal with when buying :)

Delivery went smoothly.

Offered warranty and cheerfully sent a tech out when I had a list of things to deal with after a month.

Machine advertised as ready but needed a good novus cleaning.

As stated above, prices are retail (high) and website often out of date to actual stock.