• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS/FT Starship Troopers $5500. Seeing if I can close another deal.

Gord Smith

Jul 7, 2020
Toronto, ON
Flash Gordon Sold

Starship Troopers is in really good condition, no playfield wear or anything. Fun game, fun mechs. Underrated game for sure.

Price and full list of upgrades below, if anyone is interested in both, then we can work something out.

Flash Gordon - Sold

Starship Troopers - $6000
Stereo Mod
New speakers
Fully LEDed
LEDs integrated in the spaceship toys, tied to ramp flashers
New auto launcher
New longthrow optos

Link to higher Res photos in a Google Drive

Attachments

• IMG_9631.jpeg
    IMG_9631.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9635.jpeg
    IMG_9635.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9632.jpeg
    IMG_9632.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9634.jpeg
    IMG_9634.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9633.jpeg
    IMG_9633.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
Gord, I have a friend who would be interested in the Champion Pub, should that be listed at some point.

I'd love me a Flash Gordon but it is a bit out of my price range. I do love that it has a new PF!

GLWTS!

Gord Smith

Jul 7, 2020
Toronto, ON
Gord, I have a friend who would be interested in the Champion Pub, should that be listed at some point.

I'd love me a Flash Gordon but it is a bit out of my price range. I do love that it has a new PF!

GLWTS!
Thanks!
I have gotten a lot of messages about Champion Pub. I just did a playfield swap with a NOS Kruzman cleared playfield, so I think I am going to keep it for a bit.

I can tell you have I way more than 5K in this Flash Gordon, but I am trying to price it reasonably and not recoup everything.

Gord Smith

Jul 7, 2020
Toronto, ON
May I ask what Stereo Mod you put in Starship? I have one and would like to do the same.
So there are two things you can do.
First, but not stereo is add a second speaker (I would upgrade them while your at it) and then daisy chain to the original. Quick easy

The second, and stereo mod is to add the missing third amp circuit to the mpu. There is an area on the mpu that is clearly not populated, this is the second speaker amp. Populate that then connect a couple wires to the harness and you got stereo sound. Now the sound rom is not built for stereo in particular, but it improves the sound.

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
So there are two things you can do.
First, but not stereo is add a second speaker (I would upgrade them while your at it) and then daisy chain to the original. Quick easy

The second, and stereo mod is to add the missing third amp circuit to the mpu. There is an area on the mpu that is clearly not populated, this is the second speaker amp. Populate that then connect a couple wires to the harness and you got stereo sound. Now the sound rom is not built for stereo in particular, but it improves the sound.
An owner can just replace the OG soundboard with a pinsound and achieve stereo that way as well as add all kinds of custom sounds! I am as addicted to Pinsound as some are to ColorDMD. Although I love colour displays, you hear more than you see, at least in our home collections.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
An owner can just replace the OG soundboard with a pinsound and achieve stereo that way as well as add all kinds of custom sounds! I am as addicted to Pinsound as some are to ColorDMD. Although I love colour displays, you hear more than you see, at least in our home collections.
You may not realize that Starship Troopers (and maybe all Sega pins?) only has one physical speaker. I have put a Pinsound in my machine, but the Pinsound stereo speakers upgrade does not fit in Sega machines.

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
You may not realize that Starship Troopers (and maybe all Sega pins?) only has one physical speaker. I have put a Pinsound in my machine, but the Pinsound stereo speakers upgrade does not fit in Sega machines.
Ah I did not know about the single speaker. I wonder if that is a Sega showcase thing as my Batman Forever, is a Sega and has the two backbox speakers. I replaced those and the sub long ago when I added my pinsound.

Gord Smith

Jul 7, 2020
Toronto, ON
a bump to say I am open to interesting trades as well.

Probably not looking to ship the two games though, but I don’t mind delivering if the drive is reasonable.

Last edited: