• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS Fish Tales CPR GOLD Playfield

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
Selling my Minty fresh, brand now CPR Gold Playfield. Golds are sold out and I waited 2 years to get this playfield. I was planning on putting this into my game but decided that my current playfield is good enough and someone else out there might want to make a better than new FT.

Playfield is spotless. Stored in the original packaging from CPR.

Asking $1400 CAN.

** sorry but I posted this earlier in the wrong thread. **

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Or am I just a noob

Yup :) CPR is the repro playfield. Gold is just the "these are absolutely perfect, until you put a ball onto it, and then it's ruined forever" class of PF from them. It's a decent model though-they charge less for the ones that might have slight printing flaws (http://www.classicplayfields.com/standards.html). I've never bought one (since they're really expensive), but I've seen the results, and they're definitely impressive. If you have a blown out FT, and you want to invest a bunch of money to make it perfect, this is a good place to start.

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
The sub Gold usually have printing or ghosting issues. The TOTAN gold was absolutely stunning, the less than Gold all had imperfections that would have driven me crazy every time I saw them.

I replaced a Firepower with a CPR and it was unbelievable.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Fish Tales guys... FISH TALES :)

Not everyone speaks 'pinball', especially when FT is also a common acronym used for FOR TRADE

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
I just sold a BK with a CPR Silver PF. The PF was beautiful. I *think* I figured out what the flaw was that knocked it to the silver level, but you would never find it without extensive searching. And even then, I'm still not 100% sure I was right. A gold PF must be pretty special.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I just sold a BK with a CPR Silver PF. The PF was beautiful. I *think* I figured out what the flaw was that knocked it to the silver level, but you would never find it without extensive searching. And even then, I'm still not 100% sure I was right. A gold PF must be pretty special.

I think it varies.
I've purchased gold and sometimes have been pretty unimpressed with things like bad registration or being able to read woodgrain in the clearcoat. Other times it was awesome.
Every batch is different and they probably just divide them into good, better and best.