• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

E.T. Custom Pinball Machine

dannyc

Oct 29, 2014
niagara falls
This is the start of my thread on what I know can be a sour subject among the purists on the site.

I am taking my genesis apart and re theming it to E.T.

I have already started building it in Visual Pinball and have the playfield art designed. As soon as I have it playable Ill upload a link so people may try the table. I am using the rule set from genesis as I actually enjoyed it. So certain words will be spelt to complete E.T.s phone he used to call home.

I have already ordered two MP3 trigger boards to change all the sounds to custom mp3's. The wife has been scouring EBAY for E.T. toys.

I have started the prototype for E.T.'s home made phone complete with a spinning saw blade.
icon_twisted.gif

I do plan on changing the layout very slightly. mostly where the ramps go but not the starting points as they are obviously there for a reason.

So far things that are going to be included are the shed that E.T. hid in and threw back the ball. (kickout)

The shooter lane will be a tunnel from the back of a van to Elliot's house at the top right corner to simulate when the FBI and Alien task force took over the house.

And the last for sure is the top left corner will have a lit up plastic moon which will have Elliot and Et fly around it at the same time as the E.T. phone is working. this will happen when all the parts are lit and the special shot is achieved. Similar to Genesis.

This is related to my post L/F ramps :)

Let the Bashing and comments commence..................................
icon_mrgreen.gif

Reactions: DRANO

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Sounds like fun!
I'm in the middle of something similar.
Starting to wish I'd picked a more reliable machine to start with though :(

Looking forward to seeing more.

dannyc

Oct 29, 2014
niagara falls
Wow like I need another reason to eat reese's pieces. But I like it. I am still gathering parts before I start the final layout design. I do have a small place for Reese's Pieces in there though. There was no way It could be left out.

dannyc

Oct 29, 2014
niagara falls
has anyone every lowered a playfield? ive built some playfield objects for my trial run and it seems that everything that looks good is to tall for the glass to slide on. the only issues i see are the coin door and the lock bar lockdown. I have some good progress and will be posting pictures soon