• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

DIY Enterprise topper for STLE

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Here is my enterprise topper I retrofitted from a 2009 Playmates Star Trek 14" USS Enterprise NCC-1701.

The toy itself is battery operated and the lights were dim, so I opened it up, replaced with brighter LED's and wired to the aux power in the pin. I added 2 white LEDs shining up at it that is wired to GI lighting and therefore flashes from time to time at times during attract mode and game play. It is attached to the base with a piece of coat-hanger (LED wiring running down it and wrapped in a spiral wrap tubing) so when you shake the machine in game play (as I do in the video) it dances around a bit... Here's a quick video to see the effect...

» YouTube video

Finished off with a black backing with chrome edging. My second DIY topper and one more in the works!

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Yup, nice idea indeed, the fiber optics are in the mail!! Ive never worked with them, ive ordered 50' each of .25mm, .5mm and .75mm and will experiment. Im assuming the light from them shoots right out. I wouldn't want them to illuminate the base as it kind of disappears with the back being black making the Enterprise appear to float...