• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS Creature from the Black Lagoon $6500

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
I have owned this machine for a bit more than a year. Amazing game. I have had my turn on it and time to pass it on to the next person. It works great with no issues at all. I have used it in a couple tournaments and in the London Ontario Pinball league without issue as well.

It was shopped prior to me buying it so I did not do a tear down. The person who shopped it installed some new plastics and plastic protectors, they also mylared the playfield to protect it as well as some of the main ball track areas of the ramps. They installed the Cadillac car, black mirror blades and installed a snack bar scoop Cliffy protector.

Once I got it I did my standard thorough investigation and resolved, tweaked, repaired any issues. Some things I did were rebuilt the flippers (green bats used to match the theme), replaced a broken ramp post, replaced a missing hinge bolt, fully LED’D the playfield and backbox (mostly with Comet LEDs), changed the big incandescent hologram bulb to LED as well, replaced the head lock, added a cool creature plastic key chain (there is a different one for the backbox as well), added a few green Cliffy posts, installed custom apron cards, new balls, batteries removed off cpu, I think I used new leg bolts and levelers as well, new coin door lock I think as well, I spent 2 hours adjusting and tweaking the bowl so that the ball spins around nicely (including a new micro switch), comes with 4 black cabinet protectors and more that I’m sure that I am forgetting.

I will be keeping my color dmd (installing the original plasma dmd), rubber feet and pingulp.

Playfield has a bit of planking (4 very small spots) and some raised inserts. (the tips of 3 triangular inserts are raised up a bit). I will post pics below of these areas.

See this link for a bunch more pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nv0awrfvllqnku6/AADVrfMqOQ-7z7h5wnMid4ata?dl=0

Thanks, Mike

cyclone

Apr 25, 2017
Monkland
Is the hologram still green or did it go blue? You mention nothing of it in your ad and that is an important item because if it is no longer green then good luck finding one. After that your only other option is to go non original and add the mod. Either way if the hologram is not green then hundreds of dollars and labour are required to mod.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
My creech hologram was pretty much blue when I had it and I was able to track down a nos one but it was I think $400usd. So I decided to fix the problem one and for all and spent close to $650 for my pinball mike d LCD video mod. I think it looks great and probably would have done it anyways even if my hologram was still green.

The problem is this mod is no longer available and hasn't been for years. However someone on pinside has stepped up and has been working for the past year to make a similar mod here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Is the hologram still green or did it go blue? You mention nothing of it in your ad and that is an important item because if it is no longer green then good luck finding one. After that your only other option is to go non original and add the mod. Either way if the hologram is not green then hundreds of dollars and labour are required to mod.

Thanks Cyclone. I forgot to mention that I upgraded my hologram to the special pink mod. So I'm going to raise the price by hundreds of dollars. I owe you a beer for that one.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
My creech hologram was pretty much blue when I had it and I was able to track down a nos one but it was I think $400usd. So I decided to fix the problem one and for all and spent close to $650 for my pinball mike d LCD video mod. I think it looks great and probably would have done it anyways even if my hologram was still green.

The problem is this mod is no longer available and hasn't been for years. However someone on pinside has stepped up and has been working for the past year to make a similar mod here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

I did not know you had that mod. That is amazing. I was looking for that when I first got my creature high and low but like you said it is not available.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I did not know you had that mod. That is amazing. I was looking for that when I first got my creature high and low but like you said it is not available.

I pretty much bought this mod (via pre-order list) before I even secured my creech machine. So you didn't answer cyclone question is your hologram still green or is it LE pink?

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Haha. It is not something I actually I have ever scrutinized. It was never important to me. It worked and it is cool so I was good with it.

So I actually just took a good look. Appears to be green if you look at it from one angle and blue if you look at it from another angle. So I guess the angle at which you look at the hologram will determine the machines value LOL

20180413_155624.jpg 20180413_155559.jpg

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown

The one currently in development is sound from an engineering perspective by all accounts but with no indication of what the videos actually look like I’d say that project is still a long ways off. I’m left with the impression from his lack of comments in his own thread that he may be leaving the video production portion up to the user base as he keeps commenting that they will be easy to update by the end user. He kept saying it was the easy part and then when he got there things stalled out again.

I think the holo in this game is pretty solid, blue at some angles or not... at least he hasn’t faded away yet.

Reactions: atariaction

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
did you come back from allentown and just didnt score that machine you were looking for and still have a wad of cash in your pocket burning a hole! while i have the solution for you :)