• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Contractor recommendations?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Hey guys, I'm looking for a contractor for a bathroom renovation in Mississauga (401/Winston Churchill area). The project includes moving some non-load bearing walls to make an existing bathroom and walk in closet bigger, new standalone shower, bathtub, sinks etc. We've had a couple of quotes already, but nobody has really given us a whole lot of confidence. First guy we were going to go with ended up saying he couldn't do the job for health reasons (understandable, out of our control), and the second came up with a good detailed job quote, and then dropped off the face of the earth when we replied with a bunch of questions/clarifications on the design. It was also a little sketchy when we asked about references or seeing another job that he offered to show us the renos he'd done on his own place, and said he'd see if he could set something up with another client (this was 5 weeks ago). Seems like the kind of thing that, as a contractor, you'd expect to be asked, wouldn't you?

Anyway, I could probably do most of it myself, but I just don't have the time these days, and I'd rather pay someone else to do the work. Not only could they do a better job, but it'd get done a hell of a lot faster. Anyone have any recommendations for people they've used for big jobs like this?

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I hear Mike Holmes isn't popular with his fellow contractors....
Maybe that home wprk fpr a pin ad is still active on kijijii.

Can't recommend anyone in your area. If you were near me I would have a above and below board pick.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I used Bosch Services to finish my basement/gameroom...twice! Once in our old house and once in the current. Excellent service from top to bottom. Came in middle of the road on price when I first collected quotes. Nothing bad to say about the work or the overall experience...total satisfaction. His site says they service Burlington-Oakville-Milton...not sure if he wants to stretch to Mississauga but it's worth a shot. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Hi Chris,
You can contact my uncle and his Partner at Marci Plumbing & Heating Co Ltd, 416-254-0403.