• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Contemplating Canada PinCon 2018

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
Hey everybody,

Canada PinCon Evolution 2017 was a blast!!!

I've been asked lots of questions for the longest time now. I'm considering the concept of doing it again and continuing on that scale (if not bigger) for 2018. We had a lot of support from so many people through all aspects and pulled through so many challenges. I need to clear some thoughts with a couple last key individuals and there's a 95% probability of doing it again. The one thing I request to fulfill my vision is more machines. Those who were there know it wasn't a Mickey Mouse operation.

There will be lots of improvements, prizes and surprises and I'll be modifying the layout as well as our evening entertainment concept. The CNPO - Canadian National Pinball Open would be bigger and better. I'm dropping the band and considering hosting a WFTDA sanctioned women's roller derby in the evening. I want to make sure everybody has a full entertaining action packed diverse weekend. I'll be pushing the hotels for better discounts to relieve the stress of having to head home. We have the ability to do a 3 day weekend allowing contributors to relax at least for a full day without worrying about set up and tear down. It would be nice to operate a convention on an American scale. If you guys prefer 2 days that's fine. I have a vision, but I want your input. I'd be doing it for us. Its far enough away we can make plans to tell the family and prepare to move machines out of the basements. I'd intend to drive hard supporting the Make A Wish Foundation as well.

Canada PinCon _________ 2018. The only thing I can say is if we do it again it will only be better.

Last edited:

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Not just hotels.....hit a camping place up also.
Maybe as a $ponsor and keep all us geeks in a general area.

ChrisLIX

Feb 18, 2018
St-Zotique, QC
Hello, just coming to the news... Is there still a hope to see this great event coming back in 2018? The fact there's no talk since december about it afraid me :(

Thanks

Halfwasted

Aug 10, 2016
Sudbury
It's 99% solid the event will take place and it will be the first weekend of June when it does.

Unfortunately with the forums, often many people read but don't provide their input.

June is a better weekend. We usually go to fanexpo so last year we couldn't make it over long weekend in September. 3 days sounds good.

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
I need to sign the papers but it will be the first weekend in June for a two day event (June 2-3). I would do a three day event if there were a lot more people coming from a long distance especially the Toronto crowd, but without the attendance the fees would go outside my budget.

I have chosen a different location up the road at the Vankleek Hill Arena. It's about 15 minutes closer to Toronto and up the road from Beau's Brewery. ;-)