• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Container Pinballs *list received*

Status
Not open for further replies.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
superjackpot said:
If the supplied pictures gave detail on the inside of the game I may think about it.

That's a reasonable solution. I wonder if they'd ever do that, or if it would hurt sales too much. But it could also improve sales by boosting buyer confidence.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Probably takes too much time. If they can find people to buy games "as is" then there's no incentive for them to document things better on the far end.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
superjackpot said:
I know others who had better experiences, and I'll agree it's best to do this for unobtanium type games. If the supplied pictures gave detail on the inside of the game I may think about it.

This was my last container pin.

Ouch Barry, that must have been heartbreaking to have waited all those months for that game but glad Gerry took care of you. How much would the Dr. Who have set you back had it not been in such bad shape with shipping, taxes, exchange etc...

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
mwong168 said:
How much would the Dr. Who have set you back had it not been in such bad shape with shipping, taxes, exchange etc...

The October 2012 order for the DW, with taxes/fees was CAN$1543.80 + CAN$150 for local shipping YUL to YYZ. I expected to dish out $200 more for typical fixes - flipper kits, rubber, misc. parts etc. plus my own labour. However, this added cost is definitely game specific purely based on game condition. In my case the Time Expander was working, and the topper was present, so assuming average condition from therein the game would have cost under $1900 + my time.

I added $700 all in to upgrade to the WPT which (to correct my earlier statement) came on the next container order Jan 2013 already in progress and closing fast. I had a choice between WPT and WCS94. WPT needed a mini PF, VUK weld fix, plus the usual so its cost comes to about $2500.

I bought the WPT to save my investment in DW. I could have recouped my cash by parting DW out, but I just wanted the game gone. If I wanted either of these games now, I'd buy locally. YMMV.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
superjackpot said:
the game would have cost under $1900 + my time.

Glad you dodged that bullet Barry as Dave Astill up in Collingwood sold a nice working Doctor Who in the summer for $1700 to a friend of mine. The only fix that had to be done was replacing the power cord as it was missing the ground prong. You could feel a nice "hummmmm" from the lockdown bar on your palms while playing the game :lol:

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
mwong168 said:
superjackpot said:
the game would have cost under $1900 + my time.

Glad you dodged that bullet Barry as Dave Astill up in Collingwood sold a nice working Doctor Who in the summer for $1700 to a friend of mine. The only fix that had to be done was replacing the power cord as it was missing the ground prong. You could feel a nice "hummmmm" from the lockdown bar on your palms while playing the game :lol:
Thats not a fix, that's a mod. "Built-in hand massage"

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Thank you for the update. Very much appreciated.
Based on price alone, I will take my chances in NA.
Individual photos may yield some gems for some.
I dont think there is a group buy there yet.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Wow, their stock must be seriously picked over now. Lots of worn games for premium prices... If anyone actually puts a container together I'd be interested to know what they are asking for one of the two Safe Crackers in the pics. (neither are listed in the price list)

D

prock

Jul 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah I think they will stop exporting before they drop the prices... I'd imagine they can easily sell them there for less if they need to drop the price, so why export them?? This is the email reply I got:

hi sir ,
attached the complete list of the available pinballs in June

just like inform you that pinballs are finishing in Italy ,
please take advantage before they end .

Of course all salesmen want to put pressure on the buyer to "buy now while it lasts" but I think in this case it's probably true because I get monthly updates from him and this is the first talk about it.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
There is always more to be had.

I have a connection to italian pinballs and container loads or LTL. I just dont think the dollar value is there, nor do I have a list of games people really want. It is too much risk vs reward unless the deals are bottom barrel.

jlm33

Apr 26, 2014
Begles, France
I bought two pins from them last year (WPT and Roadshow). As I live much closer, transport was way cheaper (200 euros for both) with no taxes.
My impressions:
- I got the exact same pins as what was posted on the pictures.
- Condition description was reasonably accurate.
- Games were routed. Do not expect machines that received attention and love...
- I underestimated some of the flaws shown in the pictures (they were much more noticeable than what I imagined from the pictures... but they were there, and the seller was not trying to hide them).

Overall, WPT was a good deal, Roadshow less so. No regret. Might do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.