• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Container Pinballs *list received*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I got my deals on Zaccaria's. Had a deal lined up on a Road Show from the first container too, but I got screwed out of that deal so I walked away from it out of spite.

D

underachiever

Nov 19, 2012
Waterloo, ON
I would have a tendency to believe that if no one puts any container deals through for a while, from this side of the pond, we might start to see the prices drop some. It seemed that the more cargo containers that were being shipped to Canada as well as some to the states, the prices went up. More demand seemed to equal higher prices. You could literally watch it go up from container to container and people just kept paying it, and in a lot of cases, the quality went down. The stipulations on how many A list games you could have compared to B list games and parts games seemed to change every time as well. We should let them sit on machines for a while and start filling their warehouses and then they might want to drop their prices to a reasonable level, or they can just sell them one by one by one across Europe. Most European economies are not recovering at all yet. It's just a matter of us having some patience.

I would think that if flashinstinct told them that their prices were outrageously too high for anybody in Canada to want their machines, they might start to drop prices after sitting on those machines for a few months.

Just my 2 cents.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Well said.

Truth be told, several of us have been doing this for about a year now. (Saying) "no thanks"
to the European sellers. I suggest we hold this course for a while longer, as prices are still
too high given the condition of these pins.

When Drano and I travelled to Quebec last summer to pick up many of the container pins,
we knew it would be the last trip for a long while from pins from Europe.
The math no longer made sense and the risk wasn't worth it.

Hang tight for a while gents.

The American's and the Aussie's are still buying pins, but slowing down, just like we
did after last summer.

A lot of people have money down on new games. The US manufacturers know this.
They know we would rather spend $8k on an MMR remake than a European "shot
in the dark" for the same price.

It will all come around in due course. I would give it another 3-9 months before
we see prices drop enough in order for one of us to organize a container.
There are several of us that are willing to take on this task when the time
is right, but that time isn't here just yet.

Cheers for now.

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
I would be interested in a TZ for sure depending on the CND dollar shifting vs the Euro. I would also consider a Stern SM depending on my cash flow at the time. I would love to see a shift in the price and exchange rate at the same time.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hmmmm. Prices seem slightly better than last time.
Nothing on the list that would tempt me too much. But, if I was in need of a project (which I am not), I'd consider one of those MBs, AFM or even the SS.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
DRANO said:
Nothing on the list that would tempt me too much. But, if I was in need of a project (which I am not), I'd consider one of those MBs, AFM or even the SS.

Yes, prices are "slightly" better from a year ago.

Hold the line gang... (Drano especially)

Our time will come again soon enough.

We will get our opportunity in time.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Interested in a Scared Stiff. One listed, with some wear.

2,800.00 EUR = 4,268.37 CAD

Ouch. Id rather buy one local for that price. One without Euro hacks.

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
dipstick jimmy said:
I would be interested in a TZ for sure depending on the CND dollar shifting vs the Euro. I would also consider a Stern SM depending on my cash flow at the time. I would love to see a shift in the price and exchange rate at the same time.

Sounds like you'd love to live in wonderland He he he.. All kinding aside i think it would be a pinhead's dream to have all those factors play in our favour at a specific time.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Monkeybug said:
Interested in a Scared Stiff. One listed, with some wear.

2,800.00 EUR = 4,268.37 CAD

Ouch. Id rather buy one local for that price. One without Euro hacks.

Where is this magical local $4K SS you speak of?
Oh wait... I think the unicorns and leprechauns are having a throw-down on it over there! :lol:

I have to say that Euro hacks are no worse that the N. american variety; from what I've seen. I'd expect a $4K SS here to be heavily routed and probably in similar shape... if you can find one. Just sayin.

Guess it comes down to tax and shipping costs.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
WARLOCK said:
DRANO said:

Yes, prices are "slightly" better from a year ago.

Hold the line gang... (Drano especially)

Our time will come again soon enough.

We will get our opportunity in time.

My guess is that prices are slightly lower because now you get the real prices they sell the games and not the prices after someone purchased the pins and put a profit in his pockets before letting them go....... ;)

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
DRANO said:
I have to say that Euro hacks are no worse that the N. american variety; from what I've seen. I'd expect a $4K SS here to be heavily routed and probably in similar shape... if you can find one. Just sayin.

That is what I was saying. I can probably find a worn and routed SS locally for the same price. Why go through all the aggravation of dealing with a container, currency conversion, shipping and buying sight unseen for little difference?

Some people around here actually remember when containers where cheaper. Sort of like when bulk deals where cheaper. I guess I like living in the past and playing my $1200 WPC pins an $500 classic sterns. :D

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Shipping-containers-overboard1.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I agree... but again, finding one in that shape for that price is the sticky part.
Most ops here have already been picked through. Europe has one of the last remaining stockpiles of routed games.

The positive side of dealing with Gerard's containers was that the prices were all inclusive. The only hassle was getting them from Quebec.

Seriously. When was the last time anyone came across a routed MM or MB??

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
WARLOCK said:
The problem is that you need to fix it once it is here.

The real problem is you need to "know how" to fix it such as board repairs and once you start adding up all these new parts you are buying it sort of kills the bottom line. Unless you are paying half of the local market price it just isn't worth it for anything other then an "A" list game. Even now with the asking price of some of these "A" lister there isn't much room to absorb some of these extra costs either.

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
flashinstinct said:
dipstick jimmy said:

Sounds like you'd love to live in wonderland He he he.. All kinding aside i think it would be a pinhead's dream to have all those factors play in our favour at a specific time.

There is no reason for me to put what I think will really happen. Its more fun to dream a little. For the right price (ie euro conversion) I would take both of those $1800 Euro TZs One to restore and one for a conversion idea? Prices to ship won't drop when our dollar goes up versus the Euro, They will go up I am sure. It comes down to what it costs out of your pocket to get it to your door.

Rev

Nov 18, 2012
gatineau
I agree with mwong
You have to pay it very cheap ,cause shopping a container pins cost a
Lots on parts and labours,bought two from gerry(good guy) IJ,Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.