• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Container Pinballs *list received*

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
It's been a while since I have seen a container thread. I've contacted an italian supplier and he should be sending me picture links. The only thing I'd like to change this time is to ship the container to Toronto and then rent a space for the day so people can come and pick up their games. Was wondering if there was any interest in this? Anyone want to help me out?

I received the list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d1ZlKFFf8f2qe5QM3PsyziypFcwUQVSPhYuNeem6tVY/edit#gid=0

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Re: Container Pinballs

Euro-Canadian currency conversion is really crappy now. Just as the CAD-USD rate has killed US deals, the same has happened for overseas deals...that's probably why container chatter has been at a minimum. The last container deal a few people were in on here was last July when 1EURO=1.30CAD...now that ratio has risen dramatically to 1EURO=1.50CAD.

It may not financially make sense in this climate...unless our Italian pals are willing to deeply discount their product to make it worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Yup, I'm pretty certain that, if the exchange made sense, Gerard would have continued bringing in more games.
Having purchased 5 container games in the last couple of years, I think I am good for now. I have projects that will last me a while... but I'm always curious to see what's available :FP:

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Container Pinballs

Gerry's prices always eased the sticker shock...as he offered a bottom line, take it or leave it Canadian dollar price, with exchange, freight, transportation, logistics, etc all included.

That said, definitely post some of the info you get. As Drano said, there are plenty of eyes willing to have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne

+1

I bought two container games from Gerry; one needed more work than I thought, the other turned out to be a screaming deal, som I'm batting 500 right now.

Always interested in what's out there, but the exchange rate may kill it for me. Still willing to take a look if someone's doing this again.

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont

Hammerhead said:
+1

I bought two container games from Gerry; one needed more work than I thought, the other turned out to be a screaming deal, som I'm batting 500 right now.

This was my experience exactly as well. The only container deal that had really smokin deals was the first one, IMHO.
I don't know if I'd do it again, and certainly not with the current crappy exchange rate.

tim.sanderson

spiroagnew said:
Gerry's prices always eased the sticker shock...as he offered a bottom line, take it or leave it Canadian dollar price, with exchange, freight, transportation, logistics, etc all included.
Except for the last container. The fact that no prices were listed made me completely lose interest on that one.
My first machine was a container pin. I had a great experience, and would be very interested next time a container deal comes up.

IVPinball

Jul 22, 2013
Toronto
Prices on that list seem quite high as they are. Add shipping and exchange rate and you get to Ontario prices. Might as well buy it here, unfortunately.

prock

Jul 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I was in on the last container with Gerry. Overall a good experience and I'd be in again if the prices were right. I looked into a container last fall and things just wouldn't add up with the prices they were listing then.

This is the response back when I inquired about shipping to a port in Montreal.
"you can select your pinballs , we can load max 36 pins into a 20' container and 75 into 40'. shipping cost for canada is about 2000 euro"

You would still need to arrange shipping the container to the dropoff location from the port. I have no idea how much that would cost.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
mwong168 said:
Might as well wait for AFMR from PPS ;)

$3300 Euro to CAD = $5022

I don't know what taxes and freight would cost, but lets say landed it costs $5500 - $6000, even once AFMR is released I don't see the prices of AFM's dropping below that.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Any estimates as to how much extra would be tacked onto the price listed by the time it's all done?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
The RFMs at 1000 euros ($1523 CAD) may be decent deals after shipping if they're not in too bad shape. Worked for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.