• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Cold Switch issues

Firepin

Oct 12, 2013
Newmarket
I have an issue with my Sorcerer System 9 switches not registering when cold. Letters S (Spinner) O R C do not switch on. Partial Column #2 Once the machine warms up they will start to work but not all the same time, usually C after 10 minutes, then R followed by S and O could take 30 minutes. Not always in that order.

Machine Cold: I pull J10 and J8 and user a jumper and the switches register. If I use jumper at the switches to other switches and manually engage them they operate other switches. There is no break from playfield to back box all wires tested machine cold.

Sometimes after warm they register for points only but not for completing the task spelling Sorcerer.
I am not very experienced but I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. The board has been fixed just under the J10 connection. I have re-flowed J10.

Is the problem in the CPU? If so where should I look? I think the important thing to note is they do not all start working when warm at the same time.

Frank

Firepin

Oct 12, 2013
Newmarket
Update

There was a half burned Capacitor on the Flipper Switch, I guess when it got warmer it closed? Anyhow I replaced it and now all targets register.

Frank