• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

CENTAUR: help with Multiball / magnet problem

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
looking for some advice from anyone with more Centaur experience than me.
I've only had the game a short time and it works great, but it does have one tiny glitch.

If I manage to send a ball up to the upper right lane to release the orbs and start multiball, it's usually grabbed and held by a magnet while the orbs get launched into play. However, the ball seems to be held a little too low and the first launched ball always seems to smack it on its way out and then falls back into the shooter lane where I have to manually plunge it. After the first ball is launched, the magnet releases and any other orbs make it through fine... But that first one always seems to hit the held ball.

I'm assuming this is not normal?
Can anyone chime in on what the proper operation should look like and maybe how to fix this?

Thanks,
Adriano

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I watched some close up video of the operation last night.
Seems the magnet releases the ball just a split second before the first orb gets launched. In my case the ball isn't releasing fast enough and getting in the way of the first launched 'orb'.
Seems like everything is functioning... maybe it just needs some further adjustment or change in pitch.

I'll report back if I can sort it out that way.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Just to close this up. I found the issue. It was just a little friction from the ball gate at the top of the shooter lane. It was interfering enough to slow the ball release by a fraction of a second.
I bent it back enough so it wouldn't get in the way and no more problem. It now gets out of the way just in time for the first ball launch.

Coincidentally, I also set a new GC on the machine tonight.
Just reinforces my belief that these machines love a little attention sometimes ;)

Reactions: Kare9

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I totally agree with you regarding the machine rewarding you for paying attention to them. I've had some monster games right after repairing many a game...

Glad you got it all sorted.

D