• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Bob's Only the Basics

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Bobby Orr was my first machine, arriving just a week before Christmas. I don't see it leaving anytime soon. I've replaced the MPU and 1 set of drop targets myself, although I needed a bit of help fine tuning the drop targets so they stay up and work smoothly. I also replaced a broken post that required drilling a new hole in the playfield. That was scary.

Yesterday I bought a red Molotow paint pen and started looking at the inside of the cabinet.

Here's the before:

I started with a few small spots and soon discovered the key to matching the colour was going to be thickness. Too thick was too dark a red, so I applied and quickly wiped and blended with a Qtip. Here's the result:

There is no way anyone playing the game will notice the difference. But I know.

Baby steps. Next up I need to clean and wax my machines. Research first so I do it correctly. Thanks for the inspiration Drano.
I'm not ready to touch the play field yet. But someday.

Reactions: DRANO

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Those pens are great.
Not a lot of colour options, but they work well on EM playfields and will hold up to some wear and tear with little more than some waxing. They're also safe for clearcoating, so you get the best of both worlds.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I realize this thread will show silly easy things for people who have been doing this for a while and regulars here, but reason to post is to show people like myself that you can get into the hobby without being very handy and do fine.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I like silly easy things.

Way better than serious hard things any day
;)

Every owner should get their hands dirty at some point. Saves a lot on repair bills too.

Keep it coming