• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Ben Affleck will play Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Really wish they had taken an unknown or someone with not as high a profile as Affleck. He's got the physical presence for the role, just hope he can pull off being Batman. He's a good actor, no question. But, like you said, Bale was great. Best live action Batman so far.

After reading the announcement this morning, my kids and I agreed Bale was the best Batman. Initially disagreed on best Joker. They say Mark Hamill -- he's been the voice of Joker in many animated films and games. I have to agree he is impressive, but Ledger really brought him to like. In the end, I had to agree both were fantastic and I couldn't choose.

Cheers,
Duane

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
there was rumours of an older batman.... dunno if Affleck is really "older", at least not in the sense that he feels middle-aged even though he's in his 40s.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Poor choice.
I agree, lesser known and older actor would have been a better choice. I was thinking Don Draper from Mad Men would have been perfect!

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Hammerhead said:
Stop with the frickin superhero movies already!!!! :evil:

ain't happening. all the bombs this year were "original" movies. so expect the franchises to go on forever.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I was really starting to get sick of the Christian Bale Batman growl by the third movie. I like the idea of an older Batman going up against this new alien "threat", and it'd be amazing if they pulled out some Dark Knight Returns style action of Batman being able to take Superman down, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. In any case, I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Really don't like the double up...Daredevil is now Batman. One DC/Marvel superhero per actor please.

Wasn't Deadpool already Green Lantern and the Human Torch already Captain America?

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
TwilightZone said:
After reading the announcement this morning, my kids and I agreed Bale was the best Batman. Initially disagreed on best Joker. They say Mark Hamill -- he's been the voice of Joker in many animated films and games. I have to agree he is impressive, but Ledger really brought him to like. In the end, I had to agree both were fantastic and I couldn't choose.

Sad to say Hamill has officially retired from the role. :( Definitely the best Joker voice artist though.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
REVOLUTION said:
TwilightZone said:

Sad to say Hamill has officially retired from the role. :( Definitely the best Joker voice artist though.

WHAT?????? I didn't know that. First Ben is cast as Batman and now this? I need a drink....

LOL!

I'm hoping Ben does a good job, but it's hard to see him as a middle aged Batman that is bitter and angry -- basically lost hope in what he fought for. I remind myself that I thought Heath Ledger was a terrible idea as Joker (at the time I had only seen White Knight or whatever it was called) and he nailed the role.

Cheers,
Duane