• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Bally Motordome LEDed

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
I picked up a Bally Motordome for fairly cheap. It was grubby but fully working and the playfield was in pretty good shape. I stripped it down, cleaned everything, gave it a wax and put it back together. I decided to outfit it with LEDs and I used a handful of the LED strips from Comet to add some extra pizzazz.

My favourite is the blue behind the upper right flipper.

Here's a before and after picture.

Attachments

• motordome-before02.jpg
    motordome-before02.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 50
  • motordome-after02.jpg
    motordome-after02.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 51

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
Yeah. I love them. This one plays like hammering nails. There is no real flow to it. You just kind of bash away at it. Strange Science is kind of the same way. Fast and clunky.

What's really funny about Motordome, if you read the reviews, people complain about the music. When I have friends over to play, that's what they love about it. Everyone has said something positive about it and they get sucked into this game.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I have a Motordome too. Not nearly as nice as yours. I got it cheap and figure I might one day do a Road Warrior retheme on it. But I agree that its not nearly as bad as everyone makes out. But I'm also a bit of a 6803 junkie.
Just sold my Strange Science but still have this one as well as Black Belt and, my favourite, Special Force!

The LEDs look pretty great on this pin!

Gunnder

Nov 29, 2016
Ajax
This is great! I picked up a Motor Dome on the cheap a few days ago and right now mine looks like your before shot. Do you mind giving me a run down of which LED's you purchased and from where? This is my first 80's pin, so I'm fairly new to this, but my idea is to strip the playfield, give it a nice deep clean, do a quick and dirty spray can clear coat and install LED's.

I picked up a Bally Motordome for fairly cheap. It was grubby but fully working and the playfield was in pretty good shape. I stripped it down, cleaned everything, gave it a wax and put it back together. I decided to outfit it with LEDs and I used a handful of the LED strips from Comet to add some extra pizzazz.

My favourite is the blue behind the upper right flipper.

Here's a before and after picture.