• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Angry Birds Project Pin

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
One step closer to getting my Angry Birds pin completed.

Finished doing stencil on backbox. Can start to put it back together now. Do a bunch of tweaking and eventually out the door.

Man, a full-time job can really cut into a person's free time. :p

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Glen,
That looks awesome. I had to search youtube the other day to find the clip of your daughter playing "Angry Birds" to show my kids.
They loved it. Keep it up! (And PM me before you sell it please and thanks. I had an idea or two.)
Very nice job.
Scott

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
I would be interested in knowing some of the details. I assume it plays as the original, Silverball Mania, does? But how did you do the sound effects? Did you use one of those mp3 trigger sound devices?

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Monkeybug said:
I would be interested in knowing some of the details. I assume it plays as the original, Silverball Mania, does? But how did you do the sound effects? Did you use one of those mp3 trigger sound devices?

Yes, the ruleset is the same ( no reprogramming skills in my resume ). I just took advantage of the SBM rules any way that I could. For example, instead of spelling SILVERBALLMANIA, you spell ANGRYBIRDSBONUS.

Yes, I used a pair of MP3 triggers boards with 18 triggers each. Got them from Sparkfun. I'm using one board for the pf sounds and the other board for the background music. That's the only way I could think of doing it. Also using powered computer speakers rather than trying to tie into the sound board amp, which is pretty underpowered anyway.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Good job on the retheme Glen and my nephew would go ape shit over this as Angry Birds is his all time favorite game.