• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ACDC Lights issue

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
I was wondering if anyone might have any intel as to what is going on with my ACDC.

I just opened it 2 weeks ago. Everything worked fine, I installed some cliffy's and pin bits plastic protectors, the Shoot to thrill canon mod and the PBL lightning bolt kit. I followed the instructions and removed the left ramp (unplugged the z's) Put everything back together - properly. Plugged in the new z's from Hemi (all mods work fine). Turned my game on and saw that the START button was not flashing. Then noticed that my FIRE button was also out. Actually, all multi ball inserts are out along with all lower inserts. If I go into lamp test and hit "all lamps on" I get nothing. If I try and do individual lamps, they cycle through nothing and fail to light. WTF! I didn't do anything wrong. All connectors are seated properly, and all fuses test fine. The start button will start a game, but no lights are on. The ONLY inserts that light in attract mode are the AXE rollovers, the music notes, and the x's in the outlines and the bell shot.

I bought my game NIB less than a month ago. I emailed Patrick at Stern and Adam at Starburst; but I thought that I might try here as well.

Is there a warranty for NIB? Will I have support? There is not much help in Windsor. How will this get fixed?

Any bits of advice or comments are welcomed!

Thanks
Kyle

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Did you try removing or unplugging the pinbits lightning bolt kit to see if your problem goes away? Double check everything you installed to make sure you didn't knock anything lose or something is touching creating a short.

I am sure you will be covered under warranty since it is only 2 weeks old but I wouldn't mention the mods as it could void warranty or give Stern a reason to not cover whatever it costs to fix your game.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
I unplugged the lightning bolts and the Shoot to thrill mod. Nothing. All I did was remove the left ramp. I am super careful with my machine(s) - methodical. There is no short that I can see anywhere. Nothing touched.....I am at a loss, I just do not understand.
I emailed Patrick at Stern and am waiting to hear back from Ian at Starburst. There was some thought on Pinside that I may have damaged my Driver board? I was debating throwing my METLE driver board in to see if that was the issue.
This is why this hobby is so infuriating!

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Were you installing the mods with the power on? When you say all fuses test ok I might double check them.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
All Power was off when installing everything. Even in Hemi's, PBL instructions, #1 is unplug the machine.
I did test the fuses they are all fine.
There is actually a service guy from Starburst in London that is making his way down to Windsor today. He is going to stop by my house and take a look since the machine is only 2 weeks old. I know he may frown on the mods, but once he sees my lineup, I'm hoping he will know that I am not a rookie and have the ability to install the mods correctly.
I'm not even sure that the machine was 100% working when I turned it on. I haven't really played it as I am waiting for Cliffy's switch protectors I forgot to order in my initial purchase.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
The Lighting issue was actually a simple solution. There was a blue wire pinched under a nut ever so slightly. I felt like an idiot not seeing it myself, but was comforted knowing the tech overlooked it during two trips himself! :oops:
It was a good thing he came regardless as my left ramp diverter was incorrectly put together/wired and he did something to fix that issue for me.
Super impressed with Starburst (Adam, Ian and Justin). Will definitly purchase from them in the future - quality customer service! (Not to mention, I didn't know that there was a location in London and they come down to Windsor on call weekly so IF I have any issues, I can probably pay them to help me with my other games if need be)!