• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ACDC LE buzzing sound when holding up fippers

Chris Sisson

Feb 28, 2017
calgary
Anybody have the same issue. When the volume is low (funny I know) but when I,m holding a ball there is a noticeable humm/ buzz coming threw the sound system. Can't notice it if the volume is mid way or higher.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
This is fairly normal behavior for Sterns. It's not coming through the sound system, it's the actual flipper coil buzzing under the playfield. Nothing to worry about.

D

staydown

Jan 31, 2017
Niagara region
Both my Star Trek and my transformers machines do this on the right flipper, apparently normal as menace mentioned.

Though it is disheartening.

Chris Sisson

Feb 28, 2017
calgary
ya disheartening for sure but as I have found out this a common thing with the Sterns and not to worry until they get weak then do a rebuild. Thanks for the input.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
What is it with stern do they wind them coils as loose as a 5 dolla whore!? most of mine buzz too! must be the vibrator option! :)

Chris Sisson

Feb 28, 2017
calgary
No options but to turn it up, which is not a bad thing at all. For the $ they cost you would think they could put better parts in them. Buzzing coils are an annoyance...oh well gonna live with it till they die...still plays great.

kiwi

Dec 27, 2015
Ontario, Canada
ah dang. I've heard this on my left flipper in Metallica. I thought it maybe feedback due to wiring. Well, I guess its reason to Crank up the volume :)