1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1987 Dungeons & Dragons Mylar..

Discussion in 'Pinball Tech Support' started by Darrin S., Oct 28, 2017.

1. Darrin S.

Darrin S. Member

I have 1987 Dungeons and Dragons pinball machine it has Mylar on the playfield. The Mylar was definitely added by the op and not factory. You can tell by the middle top Pop bumper as the Mylar is touching the bottom of one of them which could be used as a starting point.

Anyway the Mylar has a small crack in it and also on the inserts you can see bubbles of possibly it is adhesive showing from underneath it.

Is it worth the risk of damaging the playfield by attempting to take off the Mylar with freeze spray? Or just not worry about the imperfections of the Mylar?

Pretty much asking for opinions on what you would do..

I can try and take pics of it if that'll help.

2. luch

luch Well-Known Member

not worth the risk , unless you know what you doing , it can turn into a disaster

3. Darrin S.

Darrin S. Member

Thanks for your reply. I won't take the chance. I just waxed the playfield instead.

4. Luckydogg420

Luckydogg420 Member

I removed Mylar from an F-14 with some success. There was minimal paint loss. But it’s possible.

If you don’t plan on fixing paint that pulls up, then I wouldn’t do it. It’s not for the faint of heart.

5. Darrin S.

Darrin S. Member

I think I will keep the mylar on the playfield as I don't want to ruin the paint even though the mylar has seen better days..